Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Question Weather and Seasons

I never realized how shitty winter was until I moved to Massachusetts this past summer.

It has taken like 3 months to warm from 20 degrees to 70 degrees haha. Insanity. I'm used to making the transition from 30 degrees (if it gets that cold) to 80-90 degrees in a day or two. One day, its just hot and summer is here.. (from North Carolina).

Why do people live here!

Not to mention its expensive as shit, everyone lives with their parents.. crowded, etc. Everyone's car is rusting because of salt.. people marvel at my BMW with 280k miles on it that I paid 800 dollars for, runs like a champ, no salt no rust.. its common to see well kept cars run for 300k+ miles.

Good schools tho.

Anyway, getting my masters and going back south, but just thought I'd ponder this aloud, since I've been saying it to myself since I moved here haha.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

It's part of "New England" for a reason... the weather is as shitty as it is here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

How far south are you? I swear to god, I walked out of a McDonalds in New Mexico once and it felt like walking into an oven :s
Old 05-26-2014, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never realized how shitty winter was until I moved to Massachusetts this past summer.

It has taken like 3 months to warm from 20 degrees to 70 degrees haha. Insanity. I'm used to making the transition from 30 degrees (if it gets that cold) to 80-90 degrees in a day or two. One day, its just hot and summer is here.. (from North Carolina).

Why do people live here!

Not to mention its expensive as shit, everyone lives with their parents.. crowded, etc. Everyone's car is rusting because of salt.. people marvel at my BMW with 280k miles on it that I paid 800 dollars for, runs like a champ, no salt no rust.. its common to see well kept cars run for 300k+ miles.

Good schools tho.

Anyway, getting my masters and going back south, but just thought I'd ponder this aloud, since I've been saying it to myself since I moved here haha.
People like all of the seasons up here. Winter can be beautiful as is Fall with the dense foliage. How are they down in SC? I'm from the Eastern PA region and love the Spring, Summer, and Fall up here.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why do people live here!

Good schools tho.

Same deal in New York basically.

This year's spring seems to have taken AGES to come, today was the first day over 80 degrees.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 05-26-2014, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

I live in central PA and hate the 4 seasons. i'd take fall type conditions all year long if i could. Fuck cold and rain.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

It's why I want to move to Florida from NJ. It's warm year round and even though it's hot as hell in the summer there's air conditioning. Beats the shit of winter and I get that seasonal affective disorder when fall and winter come around.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

houston TX ain't no joke. was 90 yesterday. bunch of rain and now it's in the 60's. we'll get freezing then 70's over night. and our awesome humidity will keep your skin moist
Old 05-27-2014, 03:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's why I want to move to Florida from NJ. It's warm year round and even though it's hot as hell in the summer there's air conditioning. Beats the shit of winter and I get that seasonal affective disorder when fall and winter come around.
Alabama > FL

wont get sucked up in a sinkhole here in AL u feels

sitting in your room playing eq can be deadly in fl

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Rellapse40; 05-27-2014 at 03:28 AM..
Old 05-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Hasn't hit 80 in maine yet, thank god. highest has been 74 which is okay.

I don't know why people want it to be 80-90, whats so great about sweating your balls off from just sitting in the shade?
Old 05-27-2014, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hasn't hit 80 in maine yet, thank god. highest has been 74 which is okay.

I don't know why people want it to be 80-90, whats so great about sweating your balls off from just sitting in the shade?
I'm with you there. 80 and sunny over memorial day weekend in northern Michigan was too hot for me unless I was sitting in the shade AND the breeze was blowing.

Thank God for refreshing beers.
Closed Thread