Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 04:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it's not great to use a wiki as proof of anything, but here ya go:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mec...for_Experience
Yes I've seen this many times. Doesn't resolve the issue. The issue is not regarding how class/race penalties work or regarding lowest level vs highest level that can group together for any experience. The question is regarding whether or not the experience from the mob is divided evenly between the group members after all of those penalties are factored into the total xp absorbed by the group.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolphus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question is regarding whether or not the experience from the mob is divided evenly between the group members after all of those penalties are factored into the total xp absorbed by the group.
I'm a little unsure of what we are discussing here. Can you give me an example of the way you have seen it work? I'll set the stage:

A fire beetle is walkin' around worth 1,000 exp and he is level 20.

The group engaging him is:

Snorkledink the level 20 iksar shadowknight with a 68% experience penalty; and

Tumbles the level 20 halfling warrior with a (rounded) 15% experience bonus.

Assuming they win, how does the exp get allocated?
Old 07-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

That's a boring question.

I'm level 60 grouped with 5.. say lv 55 players. Everyone gets exp per kill, however the mobs we are fighting are light blue to me and dark blue to them. Does the total exp to the group get reduced by my light blue penalty or does the light blue penalty only affect my cut?
Old 07-24-2014, 05:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm level 60 grouped with 5.. say lv 55 players. Everyone gets exp per kill, however the mobs we are fighting are light blue to me and dark blue to them. Does the total exp to the group get reduced by my light blue penalty or does the light blue penalty only affect my cut?

The way I understand it is that everyone has the exp allocated to them, and then your portion is cut in half due to the LB penalty, and the other half of your exp is lost.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

I've been operating under the assumption that the "penalty" applied to the person who the mob cons light blue or green to is also applied to the rest of the group.

Easy to test. Group a level 40 with a level 60 and kill a bunch of crap at the KC entrance, and then compare it to higher level stuff in the zone. If the level 40 gets good exp both times, then I'm wrong.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciroco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been operating under the assumption that the "penalty" applied to the person who the mob cons light blue or green to is also applied to the rest of the group.
I started duoing with my 52 monk friend when I was 36. He would kill stuff that was straight green (no exp for him) and i would still get exp. If his penalty applied to the entire group then I would have gotten nothing, right?
Old 07-24-2014, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started duoing with my 52 monk friend when I was 36. He would kill stuff that was straight green (no exp for him) and i would still get exp. If his penalty applied to the entire group then I would have gotten nothing, right?
Green mobs can award exp, so not necessarily.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I'm a little unsure of what we are discussing here. Can you give me an example of the way you have seen it work? I'll set the stage:

A fire beetle is walkin' around worth 1,000 exp and he is level 20.

The group engaging him is:

Snorkledink the level 20 iksar shadowknight with a 68% experience penalty; and

Tumbles the level 20 halfling warrior with a (rounded) 15% experience bonus.

Assuming they win, how does the exp get allocated?
In this scenario, the first part of the equation that is calculated are the penalties and bonuses for the group. The SK and WAR class penalties are added together, for a total of -35% experience. Then the duo group bonus of 2% is added for a total penalty of -33% experience.

Now the fire beetle is worth 667 experience. Once the beetle is killed, then both players recieve an even 1/2 of the experience, or 333.5 experience.

Note: the Class adjusts for SK and WAR are -40% and +5% respectively. Racial penalties and bonuses are not calculated into initial xp distribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes, I can say with almost certainty that the xp is reduced to that which the highest player would normally recieve.

Using the fire beetle as an example again. The beetle /considers Dark Blue to the 5 level 55's and is worth 1,000 xp normally. However, because the level 60 /considers at Light Blue, the beetle is now worth 500 xp. After this, hybrid/group penalties/bonuses are calculated and then the xp is evenly distrusted. After the xp is evenly distributed, race penalties/bonuses are calculated for individual players.

So to make it a bit more streamlined. Calculations:

1. Total mob xp is determined by the highest level player /considering Green (25%), Light Blue (50%), Dark Blue (100%)

2. Xp is then re-calculated in relation to the groups total bonuses/penalties for Class/#grouped

3. Xp is then evenly divided and distributed to all group members

4. Xp by individual group members is then re-calculated in relation to Race bonus/penalty

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green mobs can award exp, so not necessarily.
Green mobs can award xp depending on the level difference. The color isn't exactly an indication of whether or not a player will receive xp. However, there is a 75% xp penalty for killing mobs that are green but still give experience (before light blue was patched out).

Also, if the highest level player in a group does not receive xp for the mob, then no one in the group receives xp, period.
Last edited by Adolphus; 07-24-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Old 07-24-2014, 06:26 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, to test what I'm asking, the higher level person would ideally getting experience.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolphus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In this scenario, the first part of the equation that is calculated are the penalties and bonuses for the group. The SK and WAR penalties are added together, for a total of -53% experience. Then the duo group bonus of 2% is added for a total penalty of -51% experience.
I'm not certain about much in regards to the experience distribution mechanics, but this I am positive is not right, and probably part of the reason why I don't get pickup groups. Class and racial penalties affect the total amount of experience required to level, not how much experience is given from each mob. You can't just sum your group's modifiers.
Last edited by Ciroco; 07-24-2014 at 06:34 PM..
Closed Thread