Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Large Rat

Default Questions on Soulfire quest

Hello everyone,

I am fairly knew to the server and i main paladin, like i was back in 1999. (i know what i like after all [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ).

And i remember back in the days, that my absolute dream on the game was to get my hands on that Soulfire sword. I know there may be better weapons, but i could not control it, i was litterally playing the game in order to be able to beat the NPC's i had to, to finish the quest.

Sadly i never had the time to complete it, and eventually i moved away from the game.

But now that i am back in business, that little idea to one day, be able to wield proudly that mighty weapon, is going back in my mind as well !!

So i had a few questions :

- at what level, do you think overrall is possible to achieve it solo in all of its parts (i know there is a fair amount of questing to do for this one)
- Are there some things to do that the guide on the wiki doesnt cover such as faction to gain, etc ...
- Is it possible to have it done at low levels with a high level character doing most of the job for me, and how much would that cost ?

Otherwise, i am glad to be back, and if you need a lvl 8 paladin around blackburrow, i will be glad to help if i can !

Kisses and hugs, guys.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

- A true solo kill of Lucan (i.e. unaided on pull, no outside buffs) is probably not feasible for a Paladin.
- You need max or v near max faction with Temple of Life, not sure if wiki mentions that. Also need enough faction with Temple of Marr to do those parts.
- Can do at any level with high enough faction, afaik.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Large Rat

Thank you very much for your reply !!

Otherwise, what is afaik, and how much will it cost me to have some help on this quest ? At least to kill the two hard NPCs ?
Old 09-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

SoulFire is 4 parts.

Part 1 is the Tykar part. Requires some very basic tradeskilling and running around maybe killing level 1 mobs. Very simple, but time consuming.
Part 2 is the Tokens part. Requires you buy a cloth tunic and get a spider venom sack then kill a low level guard. Simple to do at level 15-20.
Part 3 is Xicotl. Sort of annoying camp, tough to solo until mid 50s Id think. Often times you will find a high level camping Lasna and they may let you loot a Xicotl they kill if you're in Mistmoore and explain you want to do SoulFire... Some of them may want the hilt for themselves.
Part 4 is Lucan. Long respawn (I forget, is it 6, 8 or 12 hour?). Really annoying to solo, but is doable by several classes. Best bet is to wait on him and see if you can enlist help. Be warned, many high end raiders farm this guy to do SoulFire on non-Paladins so that they may use 5 instant cast Complete heals.

Factioning... The Priest of Life you want warmly, it's relatively easy to do this through giving gold to Lashun or you can make a level 1 SK, kill Koaldinl and loot the Koaldinl corpse and turn it into Enic. 2-3 of those turn ins should get you your faction. DO NOT kill these fish on your paladin. It will screw up your faction. Kill on a throw away toon you make in Qeynos.

The Priests of Marr one I really don't remember working on too much, maybe the Lucan kill sufficed? I forget.

Xicotl and Lucan are the only challenging parts. Some people sell MQs of the whole thing or part of it. In the 5k region I think. They are mostly consumed by raiders for the 5 CH clickies for non-classic pulling or stalling.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Large Rat

Wow ! Thank you for this great answer !!
Old 09-29-2014, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Unless someone just beat me to your last question, afaik is an acronym for: As Far As I Know
Old 11-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Is Soulfire clickable from inventory by non-paladins?
Old 11-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Yes.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is Soulfire clickable from inventory by non-paladins?
Until Luclin yea. I thought it was removed Velious but I mixed up my years.

So is Reaper of the Dead.
Closed Thread