Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I miss times when 4/5 players were non-role/Anon.

It's a shame it's the reverse on this server :/.
haha It drives me crazy when people are ANON

/who droga 'there are no players in droga'

get there,

there are 15 people in droga

WHO ARE YOU HIDING FROM YOU'RE A BARD!

:P

Keep Calm
&
Turn off Anon
Old 09-30-2014, 09:58 PM
Fire Giant

bards are usually up to no good
Old 09-30-2014, 10:45 PM
Aviak

Why am I role/anon?

(Name redacted) tells you, "can you come outside and sow/invis me to the lguk ZL?"
You tell (name redacted), "no, I'm in a group"
(Name redacted) tells you, "I'll tip you 5p"
You tell (name redacted), "no, I'm in a group, and besides I'm looting gems worth more than 5p"
(Name redacted) tells you, "come on, don't be a jerk"
/ignore (name redacted)

Now, if I'm not actually in a group, I'm usually not /anon... but as soon as I get that tell saying "come to (insert location)", /anon goes on (and once my druid hits 29, /anon will DEFINITELY be on if I'm in a group).

I can only assume bards go /anon because they're tired of getting blamed for someone else's train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Esheon; 09-30-2014 at 10:47 PM..
Old 09-30-2014, 10:57 PM
Banned

thats fine, but everyone else who isnt a sham/cleric/ench needs to non annon so we can /who contested zone camps ffs plz & thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

the bard, does not need to be anon when camping idol of the thorned -_- takes forever to run out there guyz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bards are usually up to no good
lmao true
Old 10-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Planar Protector

Those annoying people are so few and far between.

I play a 60 Druid and Cleric. 99.99% of the time I'm non-Anon/role (only exception being when guildmates are bitching at be about stupid incoherent ideas). Almost every tell I get goes like this:

Person A - Can I get a rez here or Can I get a port from B to C?
Me - No sorry, I'm busy
Person A - Okay thanks anyways, have a good night.

Or I may have time and I'll port them or Rez them.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

I go anon so people don't pester me for spirit of cat.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 10-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I go anon so people don't pester me for spirit of cat.
Jokes on you, I want Glamour.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whoa, wonder if that's the same Scowls I knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the JBB is over valued when people discuss Ikky shaman, it is not better than just 1 more epic click.. JBB becomes a toy at 50 so, ikky IMO (and moreso with velious gear) will be the strongest of all the shamans (if you are a min max nerd - which I am 100% not).
It's not a toy, it's your primary source of damage if you're not using Puppet Strings. Epic is 1309 damage over 1.5 minutes, JBB does 2958.75 damage over that time. You'll use it at level 60 in Kunark and Velious. It is a serious consideration for Iksar Shamans. The AC/Regen doesn't make up for weak starting stats, lack of stun immunity, and inability to use JBB (and some other stuff, I like stacking the JBBP DS with other Velious DS clickies).

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a level 60 shaman MR/Regen > all other things. You said it yourself, shamans dont take off fungi unless its for vanity reasons
Iksar regen is +2; Fungi regen is +15. They're not very comparable. You have to remember the main advantage of Iksar/Troll regen comes from sitting, that's why Iksar makes much more sense for a Necromancer. As a level 60 Shaman you will never be sitting unless you're memming a spell or full health/mana. +2 standing regen is cool, but it's not worth losing a ton of other important stuff.

Quote:
So I disagree that Ikky is at the bottom, and challenge that it should be at the top!
You can have that opinion but I strongly think that it's incorrect.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whoa, wonder if that's the same Scowls I knew.

It's not a toy, it's your primary source of damage if you're not using Puppet Strings. Epic is 1309 damage over 1.5 minutes, JBB does 2958.75 damage over that time. You'll use it at level 60 in Kunark and Velious. It is a serious consideration for Iksar Shamans. The AC/Regen doesn't make up for weak starting stats, lack of stun immunity, and inability to use JBB (and some other stuff, I like stacking the JBBP DS with other Velious DS clickies).

Iksar regen is +2; Fungi regen is +15. They're not very comparable. You have to remember the main advantage of Iksar/Troll regen comes from sitting, that's why Iksar makes much more sense for a Necromancer. As a level 60 Shaman you will never be sitting unless you're memming a spell or full health/mana. +2 standing regen is cool, but it's not worth losing a ton of other important stuff.

You can have that opinion but I strongly think that it's incorrect.
We disagree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but thats eq is what you make of it so word! But could you clarify what +2 regen means? its 18 at level 60.

I still believe Iky/troll is on the top tho
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 10-01-2014 at 08:05 PM..
Old 10-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Erm, I mistyped for some reason. I meant +8. "Regular" standing regen is 4, Iksar/Troll standing regen is 12, difference of 8.

+8 regen isn't worth worse starting stats and losing access to significant gear options. If you think +8 regen is worth it, play a Troll instead since they don't have the disadvantages that an Iksar does (although I'd still take stun immunity and slightly higher stamina over +8 regen). If you just want to play an Iksar because Iksars are cool, then ignore all of this of course.