Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 06:38 PM
Kobold

Default An end to RMT?

If you set up a transaction with RMT'r, don't accept the money or items, report the character they are using and get them banned. Could this work? I know most likely you would lose money, or risked being banned, but I am almost considering taking one for the team here.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Looking for an excuse if you get caught?
Old 01-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

All they can do is ban accounts and IP addresses. IP addresses mean basically nothing so if the person has plat spread across accounts it might make a dent but not get rid of it.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenfaust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you set up a transaction with RMT'r, don't accept the money or items, report the character they are using and get them banned. Could this work? I know most likely you would lose money, or risked being banned, but I am almost considering taking one for the team here.
The real trick would be to sell a large sum to platlord, immediately move the money out of paypal, then inform the GMs so they can ban the account.

Conversely, you could buy a bunch from him, report it to the GMs then issue a chargeback through paypal and say you never received the goods. Paypal doesn't give a damn about sales of virtual items and will tell the merchant to piss off and give you your money back (most likely).

I do not endorse either of these actions nor do I claim they are without repercussions of any kind.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-31-2014, 07:13 PM
Banned

Bro, the new way is to RMT DKP, then use the DKP to buy items.

Bloomin Onions -> DKP -> Loot

That's how we do it on red99

Nizzar got a computer bought for him in exchange for DKP which was used for loot.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All they can do is ban accounts and IP addresses. IP addresses mean basically nothing so if the person has plat spread across accounts it might make a dent but not get rid of it.
Every little bit helps right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naerron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking for an excuse if you get caught?
You should not be so quick to point fingers, it makes you look guilty of something.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenfaust [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every little bit helps right?

You should not be so quick to point fingers, it makes you look guilty of something.
Well pretty sure Gm's dont endorse sting operations. So go at your own risk. Dont be suprised if your accounts end up perm banned too. And your not gonna get a cookie or anything. If someone has approached you about RMT you can /report and petition and then they can go from there.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:27 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Please do NOT, I repeat DO NOT try to set up your own RMT sting operations.

As always, if you have information regarding RMT activity please report this via the petition forum or by sending me a PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bro, the new way is to RMT DKP, then use the DKP to buy items.

Bloomin Onions -> DKP -> Loot

That's how we do it on red99

Nizzar got a computer bought for him in exchange for DKP which was used for loot.
I prefer Magic:The Gathering boxes for Crowns of Rile
Old 01-31-2014, 07:42 PM
Kobold

At what point does RMT become a ban? If I never accepted any items or money I do not see the problem in this. Also if paypal were to refund me every time then its win win?
Closed Thread