Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:05 PM
Skeleton

Wipe it clean
Old 07-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
clear case of TMO envy. wipe it so that he no longer has gear better than me!

this kind of obsession is not healthy. please seek help.

Nah if it were gear envy, I would just buy it like the rest of you.

I don't think you can comprehend how impossible it is for me to be envious of pixels on a screen. Besides....I was in the "top l33t raiding guild" once. I quit within the month because I realized how terribly empty and meaningless my life would become if I actually had to schedule reality around a video game.

The only personal stake I have in this is that one of your tools targeted me and now the results of the exchange are keeping me amused for a bit. =)
Old 07-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nov072008 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is basically like Easy Server. You login and immediately see level 1-20s carrying EPICS.
such an ignorant comment. the levels 1-20s carrying epic have countless hours and effort put in on other characters.

No guy just rolling on p99 for the first time can expect ANY high end shit under normal circumstances.

Guys playing for years, sure why not epic a level 1? whats the point of being rich if you can't buy fun toys and being rich also takes tons of time and effort.

All those statements obviously mean players who gained their fortune via legit means and those people should not suffer or be denied because of a small percentage of cheaters.

If it wasn't for twinking alts this server would be a ghost town. Leveling 1-60 with nothing once is more than enough for nostalgia fulfillment. After that, if ya wanna do it again, have fun making a badass new toon instead of the same gimp struggle you went through originally.

Lastly to address the OP - Funny post, nice troll and attention grab. I'll still chime in on the topic though. Wiping the server clean would only benefit new p99ers and literally demolish days,months, years of work of older players. They don't deserve that. Plus history repeats itself...server will end up the same way down the road.

If guys *really* must have a fresh start petition the powers that be to open a 3rd server with a specific rule set - IE "THIS SERVER WILL BE WIPED IN 1 YEAR" - Wonder how many dudes would roll on that server knowing all the effort will be eventually flushed down the crapper.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSterben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah if it were gear envy, I would just buy it like the rest of you.

I don't think you can comprehend how impossible it is for me to be envious of pixels on a screen. Besides....I was in the "top l33t raiding guild" once. I quit within the month because I realized how terribly empty and meaningless my life would become if I actually had to schedule reality around a video game.

The only personal stake I have in this is that one of your tools targeted me and now the results of the exchange are keeping me amused for a bit. =)
you're willing to fabricate libel and belittle people for no reason other than to elevate yourself to some higher form of auto-felatio.

it's not healthy. please seek professional help. immediately.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

saw 3 clerics with epic and fungi in 1 day and they were all below lvl 20. i just laughed at them
Old 07-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, the reason you just noticed my sig is because I just edited it to show you and the other clueless trolls the characters that I legitimiately leveledor paid platinum for. I have nothing to hide. Please keep posting it's entertaining me.
This is where the current mindset hits a disparity with my way of thinking. When did it become legitimate to play a character that you didn't create...period? I remember when I started playing EQ there was a stigma to doing that.

I still think that buying and playing a.character that isn't yours is cheating and seeing people openly selling accounts in EC is not classic per my experience 12 years ago. Shame! You're killing our immersion! XD
Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSterben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember when I started playing EQ there was a stigma to doing that.
and there still is. but it's not against the rules. what more do you want?
Old 07-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're willing to fabricate libel and belittle people for no reason other than to elevate yourself to some higher form of auto-felatio.

it's not healthy. please seek professional help. immediately.
To clarify...I spoke too harshly and I apologize. I'm not saying that being in a raiding guild makes your life meaningless and empty.... I'm only saying that it made me feel like my life was meaningless and empty. I respect everyone's choice of hobby...but to accuse me of jealousy is just a quick leap to make.

As a token of reasonable accord Ill tell you that I'm a member of the SCA and I'm sure that the greater majority of the population thinks that sword fighting and playing medieval is an embarrassing waste of time XD. We all do what we do because we like doing it.

And actual auto-fellatio makes my back hurt so I had to find a substitute somewhere! XD
Old 07-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
and there still is. but it's not against the rules. what more do you want?
Maybe to make it against the rules? Lol. On the new server, of course. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Kobold

Im fairly new to P99, and i have to say it is a great experience, it does have its bugs, but the feel is almost perfect. I have a 31 Ranger and 21 Necro, and i have enjoyed playing them, having played EQ before, i had a plan in mind of how to progress, and it worked really well. My plan did not involve using exploits, or other off game mechanics. Some peeps are always going to try to cheat, its inevitable. I like to play strait up even to a fault, because most of the times i like to SOLO.
I have been reading your comments on the issue at hand, and i will have to side on the make a new server idea, with all the game patches already implemented. I have acquired some nice twink stuff, some given, others i worked to buy, but i would not mind starting clean knowing that this server will be around for a while and not die a quick death because of some cheaters.
But, all we can do is post our suggestions and hope the admins make a good decision, i will be playing till then, and if a new server comes live, i will be playing on that one, it doesnt matter to me, if i had multiple 60lvl characters i would still start new, for me its the joy of progress not the end game.

Closed Thread