Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Kobold

DukeVonSausage,
Did you read my post, i said nothing about wiping and or rolling back. I said get a new server up (a different one), and let players move there and start new. A wipe is everything you said, and i will agree there is a sense of community, but still if you wanna be with your frainds you can stay on the old P99 server, i dont understand why thats hard to understand.

And again with a new server it would be a choice, no one is going to force you. Lastly...if you wanna keep the status quo, what are you going to say to new players, who have to deal with DDOs attacks, massive prices, and perma camping, just for loot. I dont mind, but there may be players who are going to be put off by it.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeVonSausage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to explain this to people, because I'm an idiot?

The brain on this guy.

Try posting a real argument rather than an ad hominem attack.

I've had my niece in 5th grade sling better insults than that shit you just posted; and better logic from my wife when shes on the rag.

1/10 for making me post.
Really? Your argument that its selfish can go either way... which is why it doesn't work.

A) Its selfish that you want to make all these established players reset just so you can play on even footing at the start. (This is true)

B) Its selfish that established players want to deny new players a reset so they can start on even footing. (This is also true)

I said it at another point.... selfish is completely in the eye of the beholder. If you want to argue that there are more A than B this B is more selfish.. we can only speculate and use forum polls (which support B btw).

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Old 07-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Skeleton

DukeVonSausage is xCry0x
Old 07-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqgmrdbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DukeVonSausage,
Did you read my post, i said nothing about wiping and or rolling back. I said get a new server up (a different one), and let players move there and start new. A wipe is everything you said, and i will agree there is a sense of community, but still if you wanna be with your frainds you can stay on the old P99 server, i dont understand why thats hard to understand.

And again with a new server it would be a choice, no one is going to force you. Lastly...if you wanna keep the status quo, what are you going to say to new players, who have to deal with DDOs attacks, massive prices, and perma camping, just for loot. I dont mind, but there may be players who are going to be put off by it.
So your solution would be to fraction the community by having an emulated server of an emulated server, with the exact same problems that the original has?

I'll just have to keep saying it I guess, starting new will not resolve our current predicament. In no alternate reality, in any parallel universe would restating the server, wiping the server, making a new server, or rolling back a server fix what we are experiencing now.

And sirken already said last night that opening a new server would be ridiculous and wouldn't happen, so there is that as well.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Nobody ever answers me, but how would 1 wipe in almost 4 years of a server's life induce fear that your characters would keep getting wiped? Still genuinely curious how you go about living your life if you live in fear of things that happen one time.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A) Its selfish that you want to make all these established players reset just so you can play on even footing at the start. (This is true)

B) Its selfish that established players want to deny new players a reset so they can start on even footing. (This is also true)
only one of these would lead to lower population and the eventual demise of the server, though. and it's not B.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

its either velious or wipe
Old 07-25-2013, 02:57 PM
Kobold

DukeVonSausage,
Well ok, I finally see where you stand. If we cannot start fresh somewhere else, then i hope for me and you that, we can at least control the cheating. I will end my posts now, Everyone safe Travels.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantam 1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? Your argument that its selfish can go either way... which is why it doesn't work.

I said it at another point.... selfish is completely in the eye of the beholder. If you want to argue that there are more A than B this B is more selfish.. we can only speculate and use forum polls (which support B btw).
Thats why we use argumentation to discern what is the better option.

Quote:
This is misguided reasoning. If you think wiping the server is going to level the playing field you'd be completely incorrect. You're assuming that the remnants of TMO wouldn't simply join together again, out level everyone faster and more efficient due to their organization, and access the content BEFORE the majority of the population gets to end game content and once again sets up a monopoly on the raid scene.

You think the gear disparity is bad now? What do you actually think it is going to be like when they're the only ones at the top with free reign and instead of other guilds having at least 'some loot' and being able to marginally compete, now they're in total shit gear with no chance to compete.

Not only this, smaller raiding guilds with good people who show promise of future competition, guilds like Div, would be hurt most by a wipe if their veterans did not return to play, further putting the power into super guilds's hands.

There are so many reasons why wiping the server isn't just misguided, its stupid, and why I will continue to insist that it will not fix any of the servers pre-established problems with RMT, Duping, or the raid scene.

You're trying to treat a symptom, stop a moment, think, and then try to fix the issue.
Last edited by DukeVonSausage; 07-25-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Old 07-25-2013, 02:59 PM
Skeleton

wiping it clean would increase server pop to at least 1,500-2,000 due to people coming back to play

confirmed would thrive
Closed Thread