Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 03:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you just need to simply learn that in order to secure a kill you need to do what is required to bring their hp to zero before they have enough time to plug at the zl.

there are many ways to make this happen.

welcome to eq pvp
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:46 AM
Planar Protector

The funny thing is, if you legit crash during zoning, it usually puts you as a ghost on the other side of the zoneline because the crash happens as the client is loading the local data and not when the connection is being established between the server and the client. But when you "plug" you usually crash the client in the "handshake" part of the zoning and that's why it never puts you on the other side of the zoneline

Since people who crash legit already suffer from ghosts lingering on the other side, why not just make it so that pluggers do too? Come to think of it this might be the reason there's no real good anti-plug system as there's no good way to tell who zoned if the client crashes before the handshake has been made.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

I have plugged and will continue to plug that being said I would vote for an anti plugging
Old 01-29-2015, 07:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a lot of people crash from zoning even with no pvp around

making them eat a death with yellow text just because client/server is buggy is a retarded idea

also asking for rogean to code custom shit is basically pointless
this. not sure how they would code it to differentiate between zoning while engaged with pvp or a normal crash while zoning.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:08 AM
Fire Giant

just remove zones and make it a open world problem solved.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:11 AM
Sarnak

should be some code like, if there is a debuff, melee or player casted offensive spell within the last 5-10 seconds and that player disconnects from that zone whoever casted the last spell or melee hit would get YT, could be good.

course it would cause some people YT for other reasons so ud have to have logic for exceptions such as guild vs guild or ppl in same group
Rushx the Warlock - R99
Last edited by Thrilla; 01-29-2015 at 09:21 AM..
Old 01-29-2015, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Kind of fucks melee over if you ask me.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

But melee hit box the size of Sektors dick and Malosini landing on 200 MR and blind why not.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

124 MR base, I resist most roots, never been blinded while geared. Not sure how other have such a hard time
Old 01-29-2015, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kind of fucks melee over if you ask me.
How the hell do you figure it fucks over melee? You mean... the guys who zone and then can instantly burn a backstab or quad or double on me with huge 2handers? WTF does a caster get to do to you if they are being force to zone dance or plug?

Dumbest shit I have ever seen or heard on red, right there.

Like last night, Iool's is some fungi's ragebringer pathetic loser rogue who was griefing a group in unrest and I was headed there on my not at all adequately geared SK as Akalakamelee was logging fo rthe night and he was like dude, fuck that noise... and I was like no, his ass is mine!

Proceed to get there, and when he logs in 20 min later to make his rounds again, he drops a clothy that was low hp in my group, and panics shitting bricks running for ZL when he realizes he's been dropped to 40%, then proceeds to fight at ZL and keep running out and back in for more. It was a stalemate. He was no threat to me, but could recharge and come in and drop the other rags newbs with me, but I couldn't YT on him and was resorting to OOC insults to try and draw him into finishing the fight instead of running like a coward when he has fungi and ragebringer and is lvl 22 or so against my sk with nathsar greatsword and basically the shittiest gear I can scrape together with any MR on it (no effect on the rogue)

That guy should've eaten a death or YT ever time I forced him to zone after he engaged in PVP. That'd fuck his pretty little leader board score attempts grieifing. I really hope they implement a system like I discussed in other thread though that makes it to where you can engage in pvp any level/time you want but engaging characters who haven't engaged in pvp below lvl 30 or so worth 0 points, and no YT. Without the server message and scoreboard, there is no value to griefing, however if after X PVP kills your YT and score are on, you can still have fun scorable pvp any level, but only with people who are also pvp'ing. Killing random nameless nonfactors would get you 0 recognition on paper.

edit: last part may be pretty confusing, I'll try and find the post I made with better detail description of a new system, that encourages valuable PVP at any level range and doesn't reward griefing, but also doesn't stop it. Completely red solution.
Last edited by Bodybagger; 01-29-2015 at 10:22 AM..
Closed Thread