Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

Default Ban the cheaters permanently tonight

Dont give them a chance to come back and go back to their cheating ways. You caught them and if you let them come back they will take it one step further and you may never catch them again.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Kobold

hey look another thread about the same thing.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Sarnak

Permanent? Makes sense to me if I'm banned for 12 bucks of RMT!
Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Banned

I think I will probably leave this server if something else isn't done about the cheaters. Either removing items or giving them a permanent surname. I just worked really hard and don't feel like I should have to play with people who cheated.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Sarnak

WTB more ban the cheaters threads.

We are playing on a private server run for love of the game, to me this means that what the big bosses say goes - it is their time and effort they put into keeping things running around here and all we do is benefit.

I don't think creating a million threads about this subject is going to change their decision - so either ragequit or get over it.
Evilbaa Thesheep
Scoutbaa Thesheep
Stoutbaa Thesheep
<Infernus>
Old 09-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Kobold

Why leave? Until they were suspended you probably never even noticed. You probably won't notice that they are gone and you probably won't notice when they get back. Get back to enjoying the game stop worrying about the other guy and who's got the advantage and enjoy yourself. This is a PvE game, we're all just here to have fun not be #1. Sure we want to have the best gear but that comes in time no matter what. Don't let the hackers spoil something you like, move on keep playing and keep earning stuff legit.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why leave? Until they were suspended you probably never even noticed. You probably won't notice that they are gone and you probably won't notice when they get back. Get back to enjoying the game stop worrying about the other guy and who's got the advantage and enjoy yourself. This is a PvE game, we're all just here to have fun not be #1. Sure we want to have the best gear but that comes in time no matter what. Don't let the hackers spoil something you like, move on keep playing and keep earning stuff legit.
This whole argument of the hackers having an unfair advantage in a PVE game is odd to me. I'm not saying they didn't have an advantage, they did, just that unless your at the top tiers of raiding it really shouldn't matter. It's driven by the same mentality that is plaguing this server. The mentality that loot is the most important thing in the game.

EDIT* Crap i meant to edit my post, not quote it. Sorry =P
Last edited by Runningfish; 09-01-2011 at 11:29 PM..
Old 09-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runningfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This whole argument of the hackers having an unfair advantage in a PVE game is odd to me. I'm not saying they didn't have an advantage, they did, just that unless your at the top tiers of raiding it really shouldn't matter. It's driven by the same mentality that is plaguing this server. The mentality that loot is the most important thing in the game.

EDIT* Crap i meant to edit my post, not quote it. Sorry =P
This.

At the end of the day, who really gives a shit? Does it even matter?

The server would be a HELL of a lot better off if there were less people obsessed with fucking loot. Cheating or not.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At the end of the day, who really gives a shit? Does it even matter?
Yes (duh.) At the end of the day, what it's coming down to is that you can:

A) Play with the cheater population, necessitating cheating to compete,

or

B) Play with the good people and not have to grab for every grubby little advantage you can in this 12-year old video game, for the rest of your P99 gaming career.
Closed Thread