Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Aviak

Default Hello, P99

Rile here, Xegony monk who quit after OoW, moved to WoW, and quit that after Cataclysm, which looks to be the WoW equivalent of PoP--in other words, the last expansion where the game will successfully coast on the momentum of better expansions. New name is Ryba.

When I heard there was an EQ classic server that had the critical mass population to actually be fun, I got Win7 and EQ Titanium just to try it out. While that was happening I lurked these boards and noticed that there is an unusually large amount of retarded internet drama for what I had thought was gonna be a small population with the average age pushing 30.

So I am a little concerned about investing time into a character here. It would be awesome to be on the front line of raiding for the Velious release, but a lot of what I'm reading here makes the end game sound miserable. If I put the time into this game to play at a high level, I want to be killing dragons when I get there, not farming FBSS.

tl;dr -- Is P99 politically stable enough for a new player to enjoy/is it going to implode before I can level up? Also, lvl 5 monk LFG in FoB.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

It's best to judge P99 from your in-game experiences because the majority of the players here are great people. =) Folks are good about answering questions, offering advice and even giving true noobs a boost when they can.

You can opt out of RnF section of the forums Via User CP to avoid the trolltards that seem to never know when to let something go.

Welcome!
Old 09-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Banned

the server is probably at its most unstable point as of the last week or so. If it's going to implode anytime soon it will be now. That said, I still don't think it's going anywhere.

As for uberguild raiding -- the top guilds are filled with idiots with too much time, as they always have and always will be. If you don't like raid drama raiding will suck as much as it ever did.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

The forums do not accurately represent the server. You wont see anywhere near the level of internet drama when you're actually ingame.

Good luck with getting high level and raiding dragons though. It's a clusterfuck of manchildren who are unwilling to share their toys.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Play the game, stay off the forums.

(or at least out of R&F).

You'll enjoy it ~ ~
Old 09-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

Agree with Tralina. Play the game - stay off the forums. Course both are fun in their own way...one more twisted than the other.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

The forums vastly over-represent the amount of actual in-game drama going on. It's mostly just people spewing venom to kill time at work.

That said, there's no way to do top-end MMO raiding without drama, especially given the relatively rudimentary way it was implemented in early Everquest (one mob per server per week).
Old 09-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Sarnak

Welcome to the server!

This server has been up for multiple years now. Chances are you'll be able to max out and start raiding long before the server goes down.

Have fun, and always, be safe. It's a dangerous world out there.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

You dont have to worry, at the moment there is 2 guilds who kill the majority of the targets and a lot of guilds that raid the planes and also get a boss from time to time. When velious comes out the raid scene will open up a lot. Velious alone adds so much content there is no way 2 guilds could lock all that down + kunark and planes. Also we are still waiting for VP wich will add more raid content as well.

The server isnt going anywhere , and im sure you will have an awesome ingame experience. You may want to move to crushbone or ec area for grouping, altho i dont know how that works for iksars? But those zones are very populated.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Aviak

Thanks, everyone. I'm going to take that advice and just avoid the forums. The people I've met in game have been helpful so far. I was just a little worried about the infighting between the management and the chances of actually getting an end-game raid target without learning how to convert hot-pockets and mountain dew into loot and socks full of shit.

For what it's worth, from an outsiders perspective, most of the forums on this MB read like Rants and Flames.
Closed Thread