Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 01:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That boosts your numbers for a quarter, but it does not a success make.
Who is to say what a success is though?

They had a significant increase in monthly subs, they stated this.

They likely sold a bunch more copies of the game for people who boxed or bought new accounts to come back with.

People stayed around mostly until Luclin/PoP/GoD came out, which was 5-6 months of a ridiculously high population. It would have been longer had they stopped the power gamers from unlocking everything for the whole server; which this time will be fixed.

The amount of time spent coding the server was probably significantly less than the profits they made from it.

My point is, success can be any number of things. Just because the server didn't stay for 10 years like the others, doesn't mean it wasn't a success.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:54 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd like to mention that I was one of these power gamers that unlocked everything on combine (Realm of Insanity), or as some people on the server liked to call us, an "end game fuckhead".

$$$

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 12-11-2010, 03:39 AM
Banned

Thats funny I was in realm of insanity for a bit too. If your name fits your forum name then you were a rogue by the name of Rogean =). I remember you teaming up with me in the areana and ganking me a few times =)
Old 12-11-2010, 03:41 AM
Banned

Was a shame the guild was way different when Elucid led , wasn't necessary bad , but wasn't Xylgoz or whatever that dudes name aws
Old 12-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on Sleeper then Combine and it was some of the best fun I ever had in EQ.

Unfortunately it wasn't very casual friendly because people like me raced to be the first. Fun for me, but I imagine 90% of the server population was left very disgruntled about that. It should be interesting to see how long the time locks are. I personally hope for nothing more than 3 months per expo.
Isn't that exactly what people did on this server!??!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangorr_WAR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was a shame the guild was way different when Elucid led , wasn't necessary bad , but wasn't Xylgoz or whatever that dudes name aws
Xygon

Yeah, i thought combine was very fun... but being the dominant guild and getting the majority of encounters will always be fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I never thought about it at the time, but it must have been a bit rubbish for the people who weren't raiding etc.

My ISP broke when pop came out and i missed the whole expansion... was gutted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But alas, i no longer have 10+ hours a day to commit to a game... so a prog server now might not be as good.

And there was no defiant armour on the prog servers, just 1 or 2 items that were out of place.

I enchant things...
Old 12-13-2010, 07:14 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plane of time in.. 12 days was it? from the opening of PoP. Was pretty epic.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to mention that I was one of these power gamers that unlocked everything on combine (Realm of Insanity), or as some people on the server liked to call us, an "end game fuckhead".

$$$
ROI? ive been in elementum (u bastard!)
Old 12-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I liked the original progression server, until I was 3 months behind expansion wise. That took what? 3 1/2 months? If you were not playing 8 hours a day, you were behind.

That was why I quit playing on live. I was always behind, since I could not play 8 hrs a day. There was too much content.

H
confirmed

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-13-2010, 08:37 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread