Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Aviak

Hep C lives in urine (and controversially Hep B), so not always sterile.

And yeah, if they don't have those it exits the body sterile, but almost immediately begins to be colonized.

I think I'm one of those people that would rather do the 2 extra mins of work every time to avoid the incredibly low chance of getting something gross. Because the shit you end up with isn't stuff you'd want.

To each his own though.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

interesting thread
Old 05-30-2010, 04:43 PM
Skeleton

You're OCD... It's been proven that public toilet seats are one of the cleanest surfaces you will come in contact with on a daily basis. Doorknobs, Money, Cleaning Supplies (like sponges and rags) are FAR more infested with harmful bacteria than a public toilet seat.

You're freaking out over nothing.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockgl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're OCD... It's been proven that public toilet seats are one of the cleanest surfaces you will come in contact with on a daily basis. Doorknobs, Money, Cleaning Supplies (like sponges and rags) are FAR more infested with harmful bacteria than a public toilet seat.

You're freaking out over nothing.
Mythbusters did a whole episode dedicated to this.

There is NOTHING like the satisfaction of a good poop, except the satisfaction of a good poop taken on company time. But what do I care about toilet covers and public bathrooms - my office has a can of its very own!

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 05-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Aviak

Cleaner than things that don't generally get cleaned (ever) or at least on a daily basis, yes.

I understand the idea of fomites.

I don't understand why it gets peoples panties in a wad when other people like to be cleanly. It's not like I ask you to do any of the work, and I specifically ended my post with "To each his own."

You are welcome to sit on the toilet and poop how you want, and I'll continue to clean mine off, and cover it with TP.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Kobold

I think the major concern is the idea of microscopic shit particles covering the toilet seat. I'm far from a germaphobe but I do cover toilet seats in public bathrooms (if I can't hold it until home) as it irritates me how many men piss on seats.

Seriously, why do people piss all over the place?

PS: I also have a toilet in my office.. thank god. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyzon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleaner than things that don't generally get cleaned (ever) or at least on a daily basis, yes.

I understand the idea of fomites.

I don't understand why it gets peoples panties in a wad when other people like to be cleanly. It's not like I ask you to do any of the work, and I specifically ended my post with "To each his own."

You are welcome to sit on the toilet and poop how you want, and I'll continue to clean mine off, and cover it with TP.
All I am saying is that you're germaphobia is misplaced. It is a psychological and not an actual danger. I am saying that you spend a LOT of effort cleaning and covering your seat, however, you do not disinfect every doorknob you come in contact with, or put on a rubber glove before you pick out the dollar bills from your wallet. The following two items have been proven to be FAR dirtier than a toilet seat, and yet it is the toilet seat you are afraid of. It is like someone being afraid of house cats, but they are perfectly happy to handle a wild rattlesnake or a brown recluse. Yes the cat COULD scratch you, and there is a very remote possibility that the cat MIGHT have some unknown disease. But 999 times out of 1000 a house cat is going to be harmless. Whereas the chances of you getting hurt handling a wild rattlesnake or brown recluse is far greater, yet you are happy to do so without a second thought.

Not trying to change your mind, just explaining to you the psychology behind it as I see it, and that's it.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by President [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
germaphobes...

I always hate it when I am in there during my morning poop, and in blasts a fat guy through the door(you can always tell because of the heavy breathing and the jurrasic park style stall shaking,) slams open the stall next to you, hurries to get his pants down and pummels the stall next to you like no other. Pretty much ruins my poo.
ROFL!
Old 05-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Aviak

Brock, I'm impressed the amount of my life you inferred from my comments on not wanting to sit on public toilets.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Kobold

To me its all about the mentality. The thought of others crap or pee touching me (my ass) is what gets me, so I enjoy something between my ass and the seat. I remember a time when my friend and I took some of his old underwear (like 10 years old that was from when he was 7 at the time) and got a big pile from his dog and mashed it on the whiteytightys. We then place it in a bag, went to a local 7-11 and took it out of the baggie dropped it on the way in by the doors. Then we parked across the street and filmed people’s reactions, some really funny shit took place, the best was the cop buying some coffee, over looking it going in but then stepping on it, on the way out!!! Was classic, man I want to be a kid again, probably why I found this server.

ya I know off topic a bit, but involes pooooooo
Closed Thread