Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Beyond the cured silk and wu's quivering staff, there are a few more things you should aim for:

2x 5/55 rings ~ 500pp
Large Soiled Bag ~1k pp
FBSS ~11-12k pp
crescent set (free)
jboots ~ 5k pp
2x aggro weapons (fast 1hb, preferably with proc)

You can make lots of cash and watch your weight, you just can't kill things that burden you as you go, like hill giants or city guards. You'd just need to focus on solo/group camps with medium~high value item drops, like LGuk etc.

At 25, you're the perfect level for HHK gobs. You can probably just pull and let a plate tank take hits. There's merchants 30 seconds from the camp (1 evil merchant), and there's a bank 10 seconds from the camp. The goblin ears that drop there sell for 30pp each, and the bronze armor and ore vendor really well too. You can stay there until ~35 and make enough for jboots or half a FBSS.
Old 12-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beyond the cured silk and wu's quivering staff, there are a few more things you should aim for:

2x 5/55 rings ~ 500pp
Large Soiled Bag ~1k pp
FBSS ~11-12k pp
crescent set (free)
jboots ~ 5k pp
2x aggro weapons (fast 1hb, preferably with proc)

You can make lots of cash and watch your weight, you just can't kill things that burden you as you go, like hill giants or city guards. You'd just need to focus on solo/group camps with medium~high value item drops, like LGuk etc.

At 25, you're the perfect level for HHK gobs. You can probably just pull and let a plate tank take hits. There's merchants 30 seconds from the camp (1 evil merchant), and there's a bank 10 seconds from the camp. The goblin ears that drop there sell for 30pp each, and the bronze armor and ore vendor really well too. You can stay there until ~35 and make enough for jboots or half a FBSS.
I'd just like to point out if you are selling soiled bags for 1k.... well I'm not sure if I should be mad at you for exploiting people or mad at the people buying for being stupid enough to spend 1k on something that rots a dozen+ times a day....

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 12-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Sarnak

Weight means almost nothing, don't worry about the AC hit.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd just like to point out if you are selling soiled bags for 1k.... well I'm not sure if I should be mad at you for exploiting people or mad at the people buying for being stupid enough to spend 1k on something that rots a dozen+ times a day....
1k seems to be the clear going price according to the wiki. Seems fair to me... especially since, as you said, they rot so often(because people usually have 1 already). I get what you are saying, but honestly 1k seems right to me for this quality container.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1k seems to be the clear going price according to the wiki. Seems fair to me... especially since, as you said, they rot so often(because people usually have 1 already). I get what you are saying, but honestly 1k seems right to me for this quality container.
Err my bad! I was thinking of the burlap sack from supplier. disregard my earlier statement :X

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 12-19-2013, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry about the weight at your level. Just loot stuff. The AC penalty for more weight at your level is negligible and remains so until mid 40s. By then you should be able to afford some sort of weight reduction bags.
Weight does not make a CRAP on here till like level 45ish. You can weigh 100 stone and it makes no difference at your level. Just kill, kill, kill. Loot, loot, loot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Fire Giant

Just group. If you are in a group you probably aren't tanking, so you won't care about your weight. You'll also get drops like weapons you can sell to vendors for a few PP a pop.

Then, when you reach 50+, you'll be fighting in dungeons. Once you get to seb, you will start having chances at looting big-money items. You don't have to farm to get a ton of money. Just play the character and group up and the money will come to you.

The gear you have now minus the rings / haste item will do you fine for grouping up until 50. And even a bit past 50. I wouldn't worry about it unless you just really like to solo.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

You really don't need to worry about weight until around 45-50, imo. And if you aren't the tank in a group, there is pretty much no reason to worry about it, you shouldn't get hit that often when pulling. That said, you can also pick where you level and what you loot. If you level in MM, one big vendor cash drop is gargoyle eyes which vendor for 10pp. You can easily collect these without going over weight. Also in MM there are vendors not too far away, so you can always run and vendor heavy items if suddenly your group needs you to tank instead of pull.

Always delete copper and silver, it really isn't worth it. If you can, trade gold for plat to someone like a druid, shaman, or wizard in your group who can easily sow/strength buff/port to get rid of the gold. You can also buy lots of gems off vendors to save from losing much plat value and to reduce your weight. Getting good bags will also help a lot. Backpacks are really heavy compared to some other options out there. It also can't hurt to ask your group to get some of the lighter cash drops. Leveling in SolB as a druid I never had a problem with looting all the heavy items that take up one slot each, then quickly porting to lavastorm, selling it all, and running back to the camp with sow. Some people won't want to do this, but others will be cool with letting you have more of the light and stackable drops. You'll also make much more plat the higher you get in level, so just level up, don't try to farm bronze or anything. Best bet for monk plat farming is probably to get a solid duo/trio and farm a cash camp and either split the sale of the item if they are friends or roll on it and wait til you win.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the great, helpful feedback everyone.

I will continue leveling my monk, having fun, and earning plat naturally along the way!
Old 12-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

And don't do the STUPID ASS thing about having everyone turn off Split. Just delete the Goddamn stuff. How hard is that?? Don't throw everyone else under the bus. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If I am the leader your ass is out. Screw you. If you are stupid does not mean nobody else needs plat.
Last edited by webrunner5; 12-19-2013 at 08:53 PM..
Closed Thread