Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which resist system do you choose
Compromise plan is better for balance, or prefer classic but will settle for this 0 0%
Null's VZTZ system where root, snare, blind, stun, can be spammed 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 AM
Banned

Default Since 61% of forum voted against Null's VZTZ resist system, a compromise is in order

You can't argue with the poll, 61% of players voted against the VZTZ crowd control system in the other thread. If you're trying to build a high population server, it can't have something that such a large percent oppose. The compromise plan is that we'll take the resist system with 1/2 the amount of crowd control spells landing.

Compromise Plan:

1. The stuns can stay because they affect all classes equally. Classes with stuns: Wizard, Cleric, Druid, Enchanter, Paladin, Bard, Mage (pet), and possibly Necro screaming terror spell.

2. Root and snare function like normal EQ live and won't land on high resists: It only lands 2-5% of the time on 100-120MR+ with normal duration.

Reasons for the compromise plan

1. The original Null system that allows root and snare to easily land, nerfs pure melee classes too much while upgrading hybrids who were already more powerful to begin with. This throws melee balance completely out the window, especially when you factor in hybrids having channeling skill to channel pumice and pure melee don't. Classes like Rogue are already bad enough on a PvP server that any nerf to them is completely unreasonable.

2. Paladins and rangers chain casting root in between swings of a 2h is extremely unbalanced. If you think allowing root and snare spam actually benefits casters, wait till you 1vs1 a paladin or ranger and experience this.

3. There is no caster balance problem that changes to direct damage resists and stuns doesn't fix. If classes like clerics and enchanters can land nukes and stuns, they would be extremely viable. Adding more crowd control than this just causes way more balance problems than it solves. Especially since the other CC spells have no recast timer.
Last edited by MakeYouMad; 10-26-2011 at 06:44 AM..
Old 10-22-2011, 05:38 AM
Sarnak

i am so fucking furious right now. congratulations Makeyoumad, you've done your job. you can go now
Old 10-22-2011, 05:48 AM
Fire Giant

Need to test them BOTH to see if they work. This needs an undecided category. How can I comment on what I havn't tested? You force me you choose the only thing I can actually play.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need to test them BOTH to see if they work. This needs an undecided category. How can I comment on what I havn't tested? You force me you choose the only thing I can actually play.
This isn't rocket science dude. The first option is more similar to normal EQ except stuns land sometimes instead of always resisting. Higher MR lowers the duration and odds of it landing. (they have a recast timer, wizard's is 24s for instance so hard to abuse them by spamming them over and over on people). This affects casters, hybrids, and melee equally.

The Null option (second choice) is, you are constantly bombarded with roots, snares, stuns, and blinds. It's like playing Dark Age of Camelot before they added crowd control immunity timers. Some guy spams roots on you while 10 people beat the shit out of you with axes or nukes and you die without being able to do anything.
Last edited by MakeYouMad; 10-27-2011 at 10:03 PM..
Old 10-22-2011, 06:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeYouMad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't rocket science dude. The first option is more similar to normal EQ except stuns land instead of always resisting. Higher MR lowers the duration and odds of it landing. (they have a recast timer, wizard's is 24s for instance so hard to abuse them by spamming them over and over on people). This affects casters, hybrids, and melee equally.

The second option is, you are constantly bombarded with roots, snares, stuns, and blinds. It's like playing Dark Age of Camelot before they added crowd control immunity timers. Some guy spams roots on you while 10 people beat the shit out of you with axes or nukes and you die without being able to do anything.
Seriously?

Option 1: Sounds nice but isn't anywhere near how specific it needs to be.

Option 2: I am constantly bombarded ? Like Dark Age of Camelot? Oh that explains it.

You gotta be kidding me.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously?

Option 1: Sounds nice but isn't anywhere near how specific it needs to be.

Option 2: I am constantly bombarded ? Like Dark Age of Camelot? Oh that explains it.

You gotta be kidding me.
Did you play EQ live PvP or VZTZ? Or any other PvP MMORPG? Most people know exactly what I'm talking about.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure how current this is, but i did some testing yesterday with some pals, and the new resist code seems a ton better then previously. If you haven't tested it yet go do it, there might still be flaws but it's alot better now.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Aviak

yes i played. And what you are essentially mouthing off about constantly is a crew like casts who will most likely roll around in a group taking on solo players initially.

Well what this system forces is for you to talk to people, make friends and get your own crew. If you insist on soloing and not being mindful of who is in your zone, then you may just get chain-CCed as described. But get real, if anything this system promotes more group pvp which is a plus.

Who is your level 50 beta character with a 100-150 resist gear again? We all missed that part...
Old 10-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPeon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well what this system forces is for you to talk to people, make friends and get your own crew.
You just told everyone what they need to know about your view on game balance. You're saying you support a system that forces people to zerg just to play at all. You would be right at home in communist China where you can be a nice little cog in the machine doing your part for great leader Hu Jintao.

You also didn't address any of the obvious, glaring balance problems the original Null option brings such as melee vs hybrid balance, melee not getting channeling skill, classes like rogues who already sucked being even less viable of a choice, etc.

You can fix all caster problems by the compromise option without screwing up melee balance.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:28 AM
Fire Giant

Yes I played Classic Eq. Started when it came out and stopped in planes of power. I have played on Sullon from release till when I quit and before that Tallon and Rallos Zek. I also played DAOC and a bunch of other pvp mmos.

I have not played VZTZ.

In original eq, melee were weak until they could get high resists vs casters. You can pvp effectively as a caster without your snare or root, thats how it was in classic, those spells never landed at high end unless you had a debuffer with you.

A caster or a hybrid has to also get resist gear like a pure melee does to be able to resist spells and roots. It is just that the pure melee are the ones who suffer the most until they get their gear. Then that boosts them over the top because they already had superior melee stats and now their only weakness is taken away.

If you look at sullon zek leader boards you will see towards the begining of server release the casters dominated the charts, but once all the melee started gearing up they took over top spots.

Why not have these spells land more often so they actually get used more?

Groups of people running around spam snaring? You want to be able to run away? Where would you go? You think you wouldnt get debuffed and then rooted or snared? What travesty are you trying to prevent and where is the proof this will happen?
Closed Thread