Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Banned

for me this problem only occurs when i log into the game and start exping / whatever else WITHOUT zoning once. I have never had the game close itself on my after i have done 1 "safety zone".

Just try zoning 1 time / switching characters, before you start playing. It should fix the issue. PS: If you crash for another reason (ie: reset device failed, etc.), and have to restart the client, don't forget to zone after that, because the bug WILL reappear
Old 04-12-2011, 06:18 AM
Kobold

The problem with most of these "fixes" are that the crashes are so random and sometime have such a large gap in between them it can seem like something has worked when it in fact hasn't.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:51 AM
Fire Giant

I have posted probable fixes for this problem twice before, just because as the last poster says, it is possible to go days between incidences (though I have also crashed 3X in one sitting). Well here is another probable fix.

I set the launching short cut's compatibility to XP SP2. So far so good. I have had 2 instances since I did this where the screen goes black for a micro second. Never saw this before. However, I have not crashed to desktop. I am thinking those quick black screens would have been crashes before my latest change. Give it a try.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with most of these "fixes" are that the crashes are so random and sometime have such a large gap in between them it can seem like something has worked when it in fact hasn't.
i started zoning before i exp and this bug hasn't happened again. The only instance where i actually crashed was when i "forgot" to zone and just logged in in a zone and started fighting. Just try it out, if it doesn't solve your problem, please report it here.