Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 05:43 AM
Fire Giant

Default Why is it

when someone is camping a mob they are the reason why this server is going down hill because of the countless amount poop sockers, but when you camp a mob it's ok and not poop socking?
Old 06-22-2015, 06:29 AM
Planar Protector

If I want to do something now and you're interfering with it, you are what's wrong with the server. See TMO the past 3 years.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:26 AM
Kobold

Something is only wrong when TMO does it.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:48 AM
Planar Protector

stop ruining my immersion or i'll petition
Old 06-22-2015, 10:16 AM
Banned

bring back the compass
Old 06-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

What
Old 06-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

It's when you camp a mob, never give it up, lock down that content, then charge people essentially extortion to have access to it, that it becomes a problem. Camping it frequently is one thing. Camping it always, and often with the intent of just locking it out to raise prices/create a monopoly for yourself is something else entirely. See Zeat and other poopsockers as an example.

TMO, back in the day, was rumored to do raids on content they didn't need, solely to deprive others of the opportunity, and would delete drops, or charge people plat for access to rots.

Very not cool.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 06-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Oh, also doing camps so you can farm plat or items for RMT. I think I read somewhere that is bad also.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Fire Giant

No they never did raids they couldn't use there was always a new member who could use something or there was an item the guild could use as a whole. The only items I know were deleted were on a couple VP raids where either they were getting the crap trained out of them and didn't want the trainers to be able to loot or they couldn't get someone who could use there in time and the items rotted. They did sell a few items but since the guild covered all recharges and reagents and also bought a few items that no longer dropped or were very hard to find for members it was a fair tradeoff.

I would like to pose a question for you. Why is it not cool to sell rots to someone who didn't earn them? Why should TMO or any guild hand out loot solely because a main cannot use. If someone wants loot on a raid with a guild then join the guild and earn it. Or ask if you can attend the raid and help them kill the mob then ask if you can have or roll on it. Or just do like several people from A-Team and other guilds did and buy loot rights for the item you want. Don't sit there with your hand out expecting them to do the work then hand you the item just because you want it.

I think the issue comes more from what was going on in a place not as visible to the average player so they only had second, third, fourth, or even RNF hand accounts to go on.

Anything RMT is bad. It isn't condoned by the staff nor 99% of the player base. The other 1% should and over time will be purged. Unfortunately they haven't started banning IP addresses so the RMT person can just come back it sounds like.
Old 06-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Fire Giant

You're missing a key part of what I was saying: Intent.
If the intent is to maliciously lock out content that other players are capable of doing themselves for the sole purpose of creating a power monopoly and charge extortion, that isn't right. They are never afforded the opportunity to do anything else BUT purchase rots/epics/whatever.

Complaining about those sorts of things isn't entitlement either, especially when they could take their guilds and go out and kill all those mobs themselves, if they were ever up.

Also, if I remember correctly, a guild fairly recently had 400+ accounts banned for RMT, and before that, 100 or so accounts banned for hacking. It was made fairly public by Rogean himself.

The guild name escapes me however...
Closed Thread