Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your statement could be easily mirrored and applied back to you. You realize that, right?

And "the fact is" that there weren't disputes like these in the past because this dispute is a product of their making by recently changing the system.
Nope. Read Nilbog's post. It isn't just my opinion, its the actual stance of the staff.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Rogean does a lot etc etc.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. Read Nilbog's post. It isn't just my opinion, its the actual stance of the staff.
Perhaps it's you that needs to read his post, because his generalized statement of disapproval towards character sales doesn't even BEGIN to encompass the nature of my issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog
I have always been opposed to characters being sold or traded.
Ok. That's great. Since the only character that was traded or sold in this case was Drowed, and since she's not in question here, what exactly are you on about? If you'd like to go back onto some tangent about the eqemu account, you can save it, because EQEmu is an entirely different entity than Project 1999 and shouldn't have functions to hijack accounts off of eqemu accounts to fucking begin with. Talk about irresponsible administration.

As for the rest of his post, he referenced implementing a system of prevention to being able to sell accounts, not introducing a shoddy half-assed password recovery system that would allow previously secure accounts to be taken over by people that shouldn't have been able to access them to begin with.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:41 PM
Banned

u sold eqemu which includes all loginserver accts

move on and stop shit talking staff
Old 08-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u sold eqemu which includes all loginserver accts

move on and stop shit talking staff
Obviously disgruntled from playing a dead-end pvp server full of 99 other assholes like himself.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:18 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Bardalicious, I told you what you can do if you want a resolution to this. You are welcome to PM Rogean and ask him to split off the loginserver account to a new EQEmu, but there's a reason why we've never supported this kind of thing except in extreme cases where the mistake is ours (in this case, it most definitely is not ours).

We're happy to help in a huge range of situations here on Project 1999, but this simply isn't one of them. The reason why we haven't allowed account trades is because of situations like this and others.

Also keep in mind if this was Live and this sort of thing was brought to the attention of the live CSR staff, the accounts would likely just be banned. I think it's reasonable to accept the offer Cloki is giving. If you'd like some sort of security, I'd be willing to uphold a player made and signed agreement between the two of you in order to make sure your bard can't be stolen again.

If you'd be interested in attempting to sit down and secure something like this, both of you send me a PM. Otherwise bard, you can try your luck with Rogean. I recommend my suggestion so that you can get back to playing and put this behind you.

Locking the thread. This is my offer, I think it's a fair one. Take it, leave it, either way this matter is closed.

<3

Edit: I'll only uphold something you both agree to. My only capacity here is to make sure that agreement gets followed for the length of the Project.
Closed Thread