Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Large Bat

Default Is pet damage being returned to P99 launch code?

This will be a huge factor in whether I'd play a necro/mage.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Skeleton

Thanks for bringing that up. I just started and realized my mage pet kind of sucked. Are the pets not as good in this server?
Old 09-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetheman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for bringing that up. I just started and realized my mage pet kind of sucked. Are the pets not as good in this server?
They used to be godly, but they were nerfed and I would describe them as complete shit compared to their former self. In general though, they're okay. My 47 necro pet can't solo blues and barely kills light blues, but that's probably how it is intended.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetheman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet nerf was a long while back. They don't automatically dual wield either (must be equipped)...most mages took it with grace. Kinda sucks for necros tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Skeleton

Ok, understandable. But were the pets this weak in classic? I dont really care if its fair or not, if they want a classic server they should have classic everything (including strong pets).
Old 09-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Banned

lol @ that picture i see every thread
Old 09-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Ok, understandable. But were the pets this weak in classic? I dont really care if its fair or not, if they want a classic server they should have classic everything (including strong pets).
I never played classic so this is just from what I've heard, but yes pets were way OP in classic as well. I don't know when that changed. The "but it's classic!" line doesn't really seem to work around here for most things. It's a wonder to me why they then put in changes like removing spell sets (just dumb).
Old 09-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Large Bat

I only ever got my necro to level 30 in classic but i do distinctly remember it not holding aggro well at all and me fear kiting/aggro kiting everything
Old 09-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ok, understandable. But were the pets this weak in classic?
No, they weren't. Rogean basically said tough titties, deal with it. The arguments, rants and flames were duly noted, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

^^ This

I dont think your going to see classic pets here