Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-20-2016, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Not sure this is anything to do with the UI, but i seem to be missing letters and even words from peoples tells they send me. This only happens sometimes and not every tell.
Last edited by Kelor; 09-20-2016 at 01:02 PM..
Old 09-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magevro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any way to make the buff icons/buff bar larger? I like the vertical display and the names, but its too easy for me to not see if something falls off.
No easy way to do it.. unless you find a buff bar that has titles + large icons. I don't have much time to do it now.:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure this is anything to do with the UI, but i seem to be missing letters and even words from peoples tells they send me. This only happens sometimes and not every tell.
Do you have any examples..?
Old 09-20-2016, 04:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this has to do with buggy word wrapping in the chat boxes. I've seen this issue in my ui too, so I don't think it's specific to the ui skin.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magevro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any way to make the buff icons/buff bar larger? I like the vertical display and the names, but its too easy for me to not see if something falls off.
Try this ui. It has large bars behind the slots in the buff bar, and they're colored red and blue making it very easy to distinguish buffs from debuffs. If you want to incorporate its buff bar into qqui, you'll have to do some work merging the spell icon background images though fyi.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowmercy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
option to remove scrollbars on other windows but still mouse hover wheel scroll
I just realized I misread your question. I thought you were asking about removing the chat input area, instead of the scrollbar.

You can remove the scrollbar, but I don't think there is a way to differentiate tell windows from other chat windows, so it would affect all chat windows.

To remove the scrollbar, try making a new WindowDrawTemplate with an empty VSBTemplate and HSBTemplate section. You probably want to start with a copy of WDT_Inner from EQUI_Templates.xml (be sure to rename it to something unique). Then put the name of your new WindowDrawTemplate in the chat output's <DrawTemplate>.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:01 PM
Kobold

Hey,

Thanks for putting this UI together! I've switched over from leewong's for a couple weeks now and loving it (sorry leewong!).

I'm using the hybrid version (even though in this case, the character is a monk; just wanted to have one UI for all my chars and I play a Ranger mainly). I've noticed that when you have autoattack on, the PlayerWindow goes from a transparent background to a solid black background.

I've attached some screenshots for your reference. You'll notice in one pic, the skeleton's leg cannot be seen past the PlayerWindow. In the other one, the skeleton leg can be seen in the bottom left corner.

Is this intentional? Figured I'd ask first.. I think I can probably edit the AttackIndicator.tga file (I think this is what needs to be edited?), but figured I'd post before I try anything.

Thanks!

Ruppet
Attached Images
File Type: gif EQ000016.gif (18.9 KB, 627 views)
File Type: jpg EQ000018.jpg (18.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-30-2016, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

You made a wise choice Ruppet! I used a combination of vert/duxa before switching to this. This is by far the cleanest UI mod out there for p99.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey,

Thanks for putting this UI together! I've switched over from leewong's for a couple weeks now and loving it (sorry leewong!).

I'm using the hybrid version (even though in this case, the character is a monk; just wanted to have one UI for all my chars and I play a Ranger mainly). I've noticed that when you have autoattack on, the PlayerWindow goes from a transparent background to a solid black background.

I've attached some screenshots for your reference. You'll notice in one pic, the skeleton's leg cannot be seen past the PlayerWindow. In the other one, the skeleton leg can be seen in the bottom left corner.

Is this intentional? Figured I'd ask first.. I think I can probably edit the AttackIndicator.tga file (I think this is what needs to be edited?), but figured I'd post before I try anything.

Thanks!

Ruppet
I spent 5 minutes trying to change that - ultimately left it as-is. I've since forgotten about it since I don't even notice it (I have my windows darker on my setup). If you fix it post it up, I'll wrap it into the base packs!
Old 10-15-2016, 06:09 PM
Fire Giant

Been playing on Phinny some and I'm seriously missing this UI. Does anyone know of a similar UI that would work on Phinigel?
Old 11-14-2016, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey,

Thanks!

Ruppet
Also, I noticed with that player window if you set alpha to 0 the red attack indicator doesn't work anymore. Don't think I care enough to fix it since I wouldn't use it, but I can post a link to the player window I'm using if anyone is interested. It has the current/max weight, among other things.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Player Window

It's a modified version of one I found on EQ UI. Also, I changed the health/mana/stamina/exp bars to be like DuxaUI ones because I liked how they looked. I included the file you need to do so in the download. Don't use it if you prefer the default look.