Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

id lock it on the basis of no streams. shut it down.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-30-2016, 05:05 PM
Banned

While I agree with you ethically spider, we are also on page 333 which is half of the way to page 666. And then we will see the true Lord of the Loot Council
Old 09-30-2016, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

I don't get why you think the group game is the most attractive / fun aspect of EQ Raev.

I do agree zerging out fully slowable dragons with 90 people isn't really fun. But that's about as easy as basically every 6-man group content in Kunark and Velious. *Maybe* Siren's Grotto can be an exception to this and even then with a decent mixup and not being dumb it's trivial.

Doing content for the number it's actually designed for... Groups with 6, raids with 50-60, on most content it's a joke and just falls over with less than stellar execution.

But Luclin and PoP added raid content where even with 50-60 raiders you need everyone to actually pull their weight because in some cases the weakest link wipes your raid. Unfortunately those sorts of fights don't exist outside of perhap bugged no Sontalak and no one bothers with him because the reward doesn't warrant the cost.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

It's possible I would have a different opinion if I did more Luclin/PoP raids <shrug>
Old 09-30-2016, 08:35 PM
Kobold

where are the streams? at least swish provides content sometimes.

stream your raids or i will call you worse than swish!!
Old 09-30-2016, 08:42 PM
Banned

If someone pays for my Kronos, I will level a toon, join bda, stream their raids, and overthrow chest
Old 09-30-2016, 08:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If someone pays for my Kronos, I will level a toon, join bda, stream their raids, and overthrow chest
someone get this guy some kronos. stream better than no stream.

Old 09-30-2016, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Theres going to be a big uprising skarlorn, and chest doesn't even realize it yet. p99 will not go quietly into the night. he could end up getting knocked off his perch.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get why you think the group game is the most attractive / fun aspect of EQ Raev.

I do agree zerging out fully slowable dragons with 90 people isn't really fun. But that's about as easy as basically every 6-man group content in Kunark and Velious. *Maybe* Siren's Grotto can be an exception to this and even then with a decent mixup and not being dumb it's trivial.

Doing content for the number it's actually designed for... Groups with 6, raids with 50-60, on most content it's a joke and just falls over with less than stellar execution.

But Luclin and PoP added raid content where even with 50-60 raiders you need everyone to actually pull their weight because in some cases the weakest link wipes your raid. Unfortunately those sorts of fights don't exist outside of perhap bugged no Sontalak and no one bothers with him because the reward doesn't warrant the cost.
but pure eq is dead. has been for years. Phiny is decent, p99 is decent, hell, even eq2 was alright for a while.

But everything is a compromise now. p99 is a compromise, phinny is a compromise. i will say, imho phinny seems a hella lot better than fippy, the last live server dabbled in.

At this point, it is about, are these compromises fun?
Old 09-30-2016, 10:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point, it is about, are these compromises fun?
depends how much you value your free time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread