Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkotron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Classic EQ isn't for you, have you considered Hello Kitty Island Adventure?
This^
The fun part of EQ is seeing all these topheavy guilds monopolizing landscape in hopes that one day you may work your way up the ranks to join them. The squabbling amongst rival guilds, the competition for high ranking members, the idea that there is a greater power than yourself was all part of a social game that was wiped out when betas like yourself took over the genre. Go play a single player RPG.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Green server is still a possibility. Be patient.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 10-25-2016, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Green server is still a possibility. Be patient.
I think another server would kill this game. There are only about 1200 accounts logged in on blue during prime time. Splitting the playerbase would be disastrous.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:25 AM
Banned

Join Auld Lang Syne
Old 10-25-2016, 12:26 AM
Aviak

Am I crazy for thinking 1200 is a lot? Especially for a server like p99?

Also I think a new server would attract new people. Fresh starts bring in people that quit, or who now think they have a shot of getting that pre nerf gear or what have you
Old 10-25-2016, 12:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygicmeen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Am I crazy for thinking 1200 is a lot? Especially for a server like p99?

Also I think a new server would attract new people. Fresh starts bring in people that quit, or who now think they have a shot of getting that pre nerf gear or what have you
It is a lot for a private server but it is not a lot for EQ. I myself enjoy seeing and grouping with other players.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:53 AM
Fire Giant

When the new server is launched (and there will be one from the info we were given) it will bring back a LOT of players that retired from the current blue P1999 scene. Player population, I think, won't be the issue many imagine it to be. What it will do to the current blue server I have no clue about, but the new server will be packed.

I'm especially curious as to the 'subtle changes' the new server will have that make the game more fair and meaningful for both the players and staff.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the new server is launched (and there will be one from the info we were given) it will bring back a LOT of players that retired from the current blue P1999 scene. Player population, I think, won't be the issue many imagine it to be. What it will do to the current blue server I have no clue about, but the new server will be packed.

I'm especially curious as to the 'subtle changes' the new server will have that make the game more fair and meaningful for both the players and staff.
i'd say way over half the blue pop or all of the top tier guilds will move +all the retirees and it will be the same shit show all over again just on a way faster timeline once green reaches velious and then maybe for a few months later it will resemble blue , then after everyones had velious on green for a year, blue will finally get custom content and the server pops might even out to 50/50 but that all speculation

not sure what subtle changes your talking about
Old 10-25-2016, 07:24 AM
Planar Protector

There is a reason people still play softcore non ladder on mmo-arpgs.. All their shit is there.

Blue will always have some sort of a population. 50% of it's pop won't move to some new server.

Plus you can play Blue & Red at the same time as is. So many people will just keep playing blue and play the new server at the same time.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:52 AM
Aviak

I would absolutely love a new server....new blue a new red whatever one comes out I'll start a new toon there along with everybody else
Blue
Closed Thread