Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

People made a server with these rules. It is called the sleeper server and failed horribly. Believe it or not TMO loses mobs all the time when guilds put the effort into it.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

I think the only rule change that is necessay is to somehow disallow camping within X vicinity of raid mob spawn points. This will certainly help more guilds get more targets
Old 08-04-2013, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Sorry to tell you this, but you're wasting your time.

TMO won't share with the server, staff doesn't mind part of their player base going full retard with their project.

Try playing other games, it's refreshing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 08-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People made a server with these rules. It is called the sleeper server and failed horribly. Believe it or not TMO loses mobs all the time when guilds put the effort into it.
Nice, now we have a great example of the logical fallacies that I have been complaining about.

I don't think you even read my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgrunt
Sorry to tell you this, but you're wasting your time.

TMO won't share with the server, staff doesn't mind part of their player base going full retard with their project.

Try playing other games, it's refreshing
I don't think you read my post either.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 08-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice, now we have a great example of the logical fallacies that I have been complaining about.

My point is they are other servers with alternate rule sets and they don't work. People want a classic server and got it. Nothing needs to be changed.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If TMO didn't have a monopoly on VP how would purchased all your gear like you do now?
Old 08-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Aviak

Splorf don't be trolled by them.

Your post makes a lot of sense and I really like some of those suggestions. Hopefully some of the more literate players agree and maybe some project managers will not turn a blind eye to the raid scene anymore. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to be for smaller guilds who want to kill some raid mobs with skill and tactics but by the time you set something up .. everything has been zerged down in 60 seconds ><
Old 08-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My point is they are other servers with alternate rule sets and they don't work. People want a classic server and got it. Nothing needs to be changed.
Are you seriously claiming the failure of The Sleeper was a result of their raid policies and had nothing to do with the fact the used the same (horribly buggy) code base that P1999 started from over 5 years ago and has been gradually improving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles
If TMO didn't have a monopoly on VP how would purchased all your gear like you do now?
If the raid scene rules weren't so fucking retarded, I might actually participate!

In any case both of you are completely missing the point of my post. I don't care who gets the pixels. This isn't an anti-TMO post. My point is that the the way players compete for raid mobs on this server is fucking retarded, and I would like it changed to something that has more to do with skill and less to do with tracking, training, and being on call 24/7.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 08-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe if you didn't cockblock the rest of the server on VP keys he'd be able to bring some pals and get it himself.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
What part about variance is classic again?