Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 10:38 PM
Skeleton

Just posting to say I also have been crashing on zone about 60 percent of the time since the last patch. Never had any issues zoning before the patch, game used to run extremely smoothly.
Old 06-28-2015, 03:18 PM
Banned

Since I posted the other day, I've been having some minor issues. Keep going LD when signing out to switch characters. No crashing on zoning though.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

For the last week or so, I also have had similar issues to those stated here.
a. frozen up a few times while zoning
b. few times I DC'd figuring a few minutes was long enough to wait
c. empty server page (sometimes) back out & reappears
Old 07-01-2015, 01:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the last week or so, I also have had similar issues to those stated here.
a. frozen up a few times while zoning
b. few times I DC'd figuring a few minutes was long enough to wait
c. empty server page (sometimes) back out & reappears
That is 100% consistent with my understanding of how Rogean implemented the fix. You can try connecting to PEQ and see if you have issues. EQEmu has a more correct implementation and your packet loss to PEQ should be very similar to p99.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is 100% consistent with my understanding of how Rogean implemented the fix. You can try connecting to PEQ and see if you have issues. EQEmu has a more correct implementation and your packet loss to PEQ should be very similar to p99.
I don't understand how that would affect anything?
I only log into p99. Never made any changes aside from the patch updates & never had any long standing issues until the last couple weeks. Always had a decent connection + zoned quicker than most before.
Old 07-01-2015, 01:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand how that would affect anything?
I only log into p99. Never made any changes aside from the patch updates & never had any long standing issues until the last couple weeks. Always had a decent connection + zoned quicker than most before.
Just because you never had packet loss issues before doesn't mean you don't now. It's also possible you just never noticed before because the server instantly kicked you instead of having your client sit there for 1 min trying to connect. You can test if it really is the incorrect implementation by trying to connect to PEQ and see if you have a better time connecting. (Main line EQEmu has a better implementation although I won't say it's 100% correct)
Old 07-01-2015, 09:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I had this problem so bad. I finally noticed (barely) that it seemed like my EQ window (I play windowed mode) lost "focus". As if something else was trying to maybe grab the focus. So after searching, I found the following and it worked like a charm. It was on a forum on Bleepingcomputer.com.

Quote:
Run regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Desktop

Look for ForegroundLockTimeout

This DWORD controls how long you have to be idle in an app before another app can show focus. If the time has not yet expired, the offending app should just flash in the taskbar. The default should be 30d40 (200000), which is 200000 milliseconds.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...-window-focus/

Mine was indeed set to zero, and I changed it with this value. Now I've been playing and having fun again. I zone quickly, reliably and don't seem to just go LD near as much. When I do, it's usually my internet connection. YMMV, but it has worked for me thus far. Good Luck!
Last edited by Sowellca; 07-01-2015 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: OS used is Win7 Home Premium
Old 07-01-2015, 09:57 PM
Fire Giant

Got it down to a science at this point.

Load in, with unusually high latency, play til I have to zone.

Crash.

Rinse/Repeat.

Pretty annoying.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got it down to a science at this point.

Load in, with unusually high latency, play til I have to zone.

Crash.

Rinse/Repeat.

Pretty annoying.
Hate to be a copycat but this sounds exactly like my game play style as of late too. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Banned

how do I apply the patch, I keep getting update required?
Closed Thread