Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

I'm still having character issues...

Would this guide work for an iksar? I worry because of vendors...
Old 06-28-2015, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still having character issues...

Would this guide work for an iksar? I worry because of vendors...
It definitely would. 1-22 would actually be easier for you (since you're already in FoB), and the vendors he's talking about in South Karana & North Karana will sell to *anyone*, even iksars. Probably the biggest difference you would notice is traveling back home to get spells - longer walk/needs an evac instead of a simple port to feerott. But that's a pretty small part of leveling if you're buying 2 or 3 sets of spells at a time.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 06-28-2015, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

I'm undecided on troll or iksar... Rolled a barb and although solid I was bored with the good race (all my chars are good it feels like). Ogre just doesn't appeal to me all that much. But that p99 fave frontal stun immunity is definitely something to consider.
Old 06-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
vendors he's talking about in South Karana & North Karana will sell to *anyone*, even iksars.
Thankfully you can get all of your spells in Cabilis, whereas other races need to hit up the Oasis and Karanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm undecided on troll or iksar... Rolled a barb and although solid I was bored with the good race (all my chars are good it feels like). Ogre just doesn't appeal to me all that much. But that p99 fave frontal stun immunity is definitely something to consider.
What I did on my shaman solo:
1-18 Field of Bone (I hate kurns so stayed in the pit).
18-29 Lake of Ill Omen, started between 6/7 on the map, then moved towards windmill.
29-33 Swamp of No Hope, Iksar Exiles by TT zone (bring batwings).
33-34 Frontier Mountains, giant fort.
34-40 Mines of Nurga, exit tunnel goblins (could probably push further into 40's).

Iksars never have to go too far from home for exp.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

the most simple iksar leveling guide
FoB > Kurns > WW (giants) > FM (giants) > DL (yetis)

mostly outdoor camps with a ton of mobs. yetis are really cool since they are on a 6 min timer.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Banned

What would be an ideal old world location for 47-50ish? After 47 the guide jumps to CoM, but i'm curious about staying in classic. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:44 PM
Orc

Any sense of how camped bear pits are these days? i'm currently 56 and just bought torpor so i want to get to 60 asap. I'd like to give these a shot but if they're over camped i'll keep playing in HS.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Keef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would be an ideal old world location for 47-50ish? After 47 the guide jumps to CoM, but i'm curious about staying in classic. Thanks.
If you have epic(or not if you have patience and ingenuity) and want to do old world there are several options.

First is simple, Frenzy camp in Lguk. 27 minute timer (28mins but always reduce timer by 1 minute to allow for human error), can pull towards sentinal after clearing spawns.

Second is more complicated (Must have Epic, Pre-50 expect learning pains);

King camp in Lguk. Same timer as above. Bind behind portal to zone out (use shrink and hug the wall), that way you can zone out and just gate back should something go wrong (or corpse a Froglok Crown if needed).

Use invis and wait for the roaming froglok to reach the entrance to the zone out area, he will stop and get buffed. Pull him with slow while hugging/hiding behind the corner near zone out, root him when he gets to you.

When he comes you will pull King/PH and maybe a guard depending on its level compared to yours. Root any adds. Back up and Epic dot each mob. Root/rot them down refreshing root liberally. This gets easier the higher level you are.

Third is Spiders/bats in sol b. These hit hard have slow ready and malosinia. Get a pet out and use epic/dots and jbb if you have it.

Otherwise there are guards you can do around the world including Freeport/BBM Guards and Dock folk/Spectre's/Lord in Lguk/ HHK Guards/NPC's
Last edited by BlkCamel; 07-07-2015 at 11:10 PM..
Old 07-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazingtide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any sense of how camped bear pits are these days? i'm currently 56 and just bought torpor so i want to get to 60 asap. I'd like to give these a shot but if they're over camped i'll keep playing in HS.
Gm's previously told me when I was leveling here (Fall of 2013) top of pits and bottom of pits are 2 different camps. This may have changed but allows you more freedom to claim the bottom pits(which is what a shaman wants) even if a druid or someone is there. Pits are always popular though, but what I found was many people only stayed for short periods of time and if you were patient could get camp fairly easily. Eventually you start to know who the current players are and work out a system.
Old 07-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Skeleton

I've been doing Treants at lvl 30 for a bit now on Red. Any tips on an easy way to store all that gold? Is there a nearby vendor that sells peridots, or an easier way to bank it into plat than grobb. I'm a troll Shaman.
Closed Thread