Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-25-2011, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

O.o Your UI files is in the Everquest folder... C://Programs/Sony/Everquest

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Hobby; 03-25-2011 at 12:49 AM..
Old 03-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Orc

This appears to have fixed my problems too.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Large Bat

Default found them

Ok well I finally located the files.. made sure everything was unhidden and still couldn't find it. Searched the whole computer and got nothing. Then saw in the EQ folder there was something at the top "Compatability Files", clicked that and there everything was. But too late to figure out if it worked, maybe next time.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:02 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicentre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello.

Same happens to me in Neriak Foreign Quarter. I can zone between Commonlands and Nektulos Forest without any problems, but then when I come back home to Neriak, the following happens:
- I enter the Neriak Tunnel from Nek Forest, speak a bit with the guards, ask if everything is fine with family and children and so on, joking about the dwarves and other crawling creatures
- I say goodbye to the guards. I go to the zone line, message says something like "Entering zone". Things freeze for a few seconds.
- Loading screen (with ugly werewolf) comes, saying "loading zone files, have you hugged an Iksar today". Progress bar goes to 100%, then nothing happens. Frozen.
- I then kill eqgame.exe, restart the game. Everything seems to go well (login server, character choice) till I have to zone in Neriak, where my character is.
- I have to wait 30 mins (sometimes more) before I can enter the game again.
I play EQ with the Titanium client, using a 1280x1024 window on a 1680x1050 screen. I don't understand how it can be a problem with graphics, since other zones are fine and that in the end I can zone in Neriak. Also I don't understand how it can be a problem with the zone server since other ppl can enter it without any problems.
Looks like I finally solved my issue (zoning in West Freeport or Neriak crashes my game).

I changed my good ol' Zyxel G-2000 Wireless router for a more recent one (NBG 417), and no problems after 10-15 runs from EC Tunnel to bank.

I hope this helps.

Enchanter, The Northern Wind
Old 05-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Large Rat

Hi guys, im having that crash zone at gfay, and now i move my necro to Kunark but cant log in. All times i try to log that char the server kick me off and i cant make nothing, i delete the ui files, try using the wineq2 and Duxa installer in a new install and nothing, anyone can help me?
Old 05-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Large Rat

Default Firewall

I was crashing every time i zoned after I installed Zone Alarm firewall, tried everything, wineq, change to single core but turns out all I had to do was shutdown my firewall when I play
Hope It Helps

Weedro Goodlookinbuds
Old 05-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have recently been using wineq2, optimized my net with another app, and made sure my firewall allowed EQ and WinEQ2. I haven't noticed much difference... in the long haul... though it might be a little bit better.

My conclusion is that it is mostly my terrible internet, and I can't do much about that while living here.
Last edited by Fuzzoom; 05-25-2011 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: I lose.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I had this problem develop recently and it ended up crashing every time I zoned as well as warping around and not being able to see my legs move when i walked. I installed Wineq2 and all my problems cleared up straight away.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Large Rat

Alright, hate to be annoying here but I'm getting a few different answers. Is there a single definitive solution to this problem? Or at least one that seems to be working for many people? Let me know. (=
Old 05-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Orc

I tried several things, including WinEQ2 and deleting my character UI files (still use WinEQ2 actually and I like it, but that's neither here nor there).

What I did that solved it was change my router. I have a Trendnet TEW-639GR, which, when my PC was connected do it, seems to have caused the crashing to occur. Maybe it has a buggy UPNP implementation or something. I really don't know.

So I took an older DLink DIR-615 (c1 revision) that I had put DD-WRT on, and hooked that up so the LAN port on the TEW goes to the WAN port on the DLink. Then I hooked my PC to the LAN port of the DLink. Finally, and importantly, I put went into the TEW web interface and put the DLink in the DMZ. After that, I can zone back and forth from Nek to Neriak without crashing, whereas I would crash every time before.

You can probably also fix this by putting your PC in the DMZ directly, but I don't recommend this because using NAT does make you safer. That's why I used a second router in my setup.

Edit: Had a crash again yesterday. This seems to cut it back (dramatically even) but not solve it.
Last edited by Kazzok; 06-06-2011 at 02:28 AM..