Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psionide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This idea is even better than the jump to conclusions mat.....
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I disagree
Old 03-12-2012, 10:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by username1337 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever play a game with instance raids? Not all of them are as trivial as you may believe.

Competition in classic EQ and P1999 is about who plays the longest and who has the best batphone organization. The raid targets themselves are trivial to defeat.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Sarnak

Fighting has value, fun to read while I'm medding.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

Everquest without fighting is like America without fat people. It's a dream we will never achieve and yet it's fun to watch while bored.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 PM
Aviak

Yes I have.. 9790 achievement points in wow.. Items are so easily dropped by 600 raids on the same boss each day by different guilds so that the same item can drop for many people all day long.. LAME .....Now all instance bosses are set to stupid retard easy mode.. They cram 25 people into a 10man difficulty instance and call it a raid. No one does anything worthwhile anymore since it can all be done stupid easy mode.. IMO I cherish items more when there so slow to come by on a server that you may be the only one to have it for a few months before someone gets the item to drop again for them.
I know there are different settings for each instance these days. But if you go research and look at the #s only like .05% are raiding on the harder difficulty settings. The game is ruined and the items feel pointless..

Here in p99 the items feel like there worth something not just a Epic walk to my epic bank account to epically walk to the epic auction house and buy my EPIC...

THOSE ARE NOT EPICS!
Last edited by Hmotzart; 03-12-2012 at 11:33 PM..
Old 03-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmotzart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I have.. 9790 achievement points in wow.. Items are so easily dropped by 600 raids on the same boss each day by different guilds so that the same item can drop for many people all day long.. LAME .....Now all instance bosses are set to stupid retard easy mode.. They cram 25 people into a 10man difficulty instance and call it a raid. No one does anything worthwhile anymore since it can all be done stupid easy mode.. IMO I cherish items more when there so slow to come by on a server that you may be the only one to have it for a few months before someone gets the item to drop again for them.
I know there are different settings for each instance these days. But if you go research and look at the #s only like .05% are raiding on the harder difficulty settings. The game is ruined and the items feel pointless..

Here in p99 the items feel like there worth something not just a Epic walk to my epic bank account to epically walk to the epic auction house and buy my EPIC...

THOSE ARE NOT EPICS!
Not even Modern Everquest (AKA Babby's First EQ) is this easy yet....

Well at least it wasn't when i quit in 2008.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Vanila WoW raid on Molten Core was eq1 style hardcore, but a lot more entertaining. It was 40-man raid, and it required top notch performance from your guild.
Of course as time went on, and number of players sky rocketed from 500k to 2miln+, the "Casuals" began to whine that they never gonna see any cool raids, so with each next expansion difficulty kept going down. First the raids were reduced to 25-man, then to 10, and you can kill Lich King with 1 group...
Another stupid decision on Bliz part, was that solo-available gear can easily match raid gear from previous tiers. Yes, of course the solo-gear should get better in next level range, but not THAT much better that it easily matches gear that people fought hard for in 1-group instances and especially raids.
Today all the 1-group instances from 20 to 70 are DEAD. No one in their right mind will go to lev 20-40 instances, when they can solo-grind for 1-2 hours, move 1 zone up, and get equal quality loot from common trash. And when in WOTL the casual zones went up to lev 80, you could get T1-T3 + quality gear from common trash in Northrend.

What can I say - to corporations, business comes first. They don't care about your "immersion" and "achievements"; they care about casual solo grinders who generate income.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Aviak

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All about the $ I totally agree.. This is why I come to get my REAL pve fix from EQ.
So for the next person to bring up instancing I say this to you..

The next time you log into everquest look through the server listings.

YOU BELONG IN THE EZSERVER go there NAO!
Old 03-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vanila WoW raid on Molten Core was eq1 style hardcore, but a lot more entertaining. It was 40-man raid, and it required top notch performance from your guild.
Of course as time went on, and number of players sky rocketed from 500k to 2miln+, the "Casuals" began to whine that they never gonna see any cool raids, so with each next expansion difficulty kept going down. First the raids were reduced to 25-man, then to 10, and you can kill Lich King with 1 group...
Another stupid decision on Bliz part, was that solo-available gear can easily match raid gear from previous tiers. Yes, of course the solo-gear should get better in next level range, but not THAT much better that it easily matches gear that people fought hard for in 1-group instances and especially raids.
Today all the 1-group instances from 20 to 70 are DEAD. No one in their right mind will go to lev 20-40 instances, when they can solo-grind for 1-2 hours, move 1 zone up, and get equal quality loot from common trash. And when in WOTL the casual zones went up to lev 80, you could get T1-T3 + quality gear from common trash in Northrend.

What can I say - to corporations, business comes first. They don't care about your "immersion" and "achievements"; they care about casual solo grinders who generate income.
most fun i had on any mmorpg was raiding the 40man instances in WoW.

MC, BWL, Ony, AQ40 (even tho i hated it at the time) and Naxx were all A+

It's the only time I ever felt like I was actually raiding something.

AV 40 vs 40 original week long battles was the most epic PvPing I have ever seen in an MMO as well. Even tho it heavily favored the horde with their 50 NPCs that you had to wage war thru, it was definitely satisfying to win an AV match.

Cross-realm bullshit and 25/15/10man shit killed WoW for me.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:28 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmotzart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THOSE ARE NOT EPICS!
On my server, there were 4 guilds in Naxx40 and only 2 of them downed C'thun. There was a similar amount in Sunwell. Many items gained in these instances, and several in lower tier content, were indeed epic in a manner beyond the colour of their name. I highly doubt there were many servers where Atiesh was a common sight.

The fact that we can draw a stark comparision between the rarity of items like Might of Menethil and Ramaladni's Blade of Cunning in the same game only serves to highlight the fact that instancing has nothing to do with it.

Once again, you are free to dislike instancing as a design decision, but there is no need to belittle those who do not.

EZ Server indeed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]