-Fix things
-Beta testers submit LOTs of things
-Fix things
-Give free reign to beta testers to #zone, people are #leveled and geared
-Raid content gets beta tested
-Beta testers submit things
-Majority of posted bugs and issues are fixed
-Continue development.
-Huge dispute with people claiming that no more than 20-50 people would play unless there was 2 boxing
-Rebellion is quelled. People get mad.
-Beta community presses hard for release of server claiming it has been too long in development
-Give 2 week notice that beta was ending and server would fully launch.
-New beta testers submit LOTs of things
-Fix things
-Partially convinced by months of argument that the server would soon need 2 boxing, estimated players were quite low.
-Last day of beta.. raid content is further tested.
-Beta ends
-Clear character data, inventories, etc in preparation of launch.
-Server launches
-Oh fux, there are hundreds of people. Upload speed available in my area insufficient.
-Start looking for new hosting enviroment
-Doom and gloom as lag monster consumes everyone
-Rogean offers temporary hosting
-<3 Rogean, connection upgraded to ludicrous speed
-People are happy, mostly
-Threats start, out of control ooc
-Bannings occur. Threats, insanity, etc.
-Exploits handled. People are warned/punished as needed.
-Rogean joins development as Server Administrator
-project1999.org is established
-ddos person gets upset for various rules they disagreed with
-ddos attacks begin
-terrorist demands: ease up on the ooc chat rules, unban the people that were banned*i assume that was the only for sure way they could play without singling out themselves as the attacker.
-We decide to give everyone another chance
-massive complaints about game mechanics, melee, and various bugs
-development works and fixes while simultaneously trying to configure all the tools and connections to do their work safely.
-GMs overloaded by amounts of petitions
-Isolated hurt butts all around norrath
-Working enviroment reestablished, continue work
-ddos guy /attack
-Refusal of any further terrorist demands..
-ddos guy /attack
-claims of gm favoritism, review logs. listen to testimonials
-ddos guy /attack
-claims of IB favoritism, review logs. listen to testimonials
-ddos guy /attack
-fixes and work in general slow down as full time petition support and is required.
-ddos guy /attack
-conspiracy theories are grown. time wasted explaining the lunacy.
-EQemu is terminated for constant attacks. loginservers, irc, webpage, etc
-p1999 and the loginservers brought back up.
-claims of any drama that could be conjured or molded from conjecture + exasperation
-webpage is brought back up
-strong urge to ban my problems, not my players. have you asked yourself lately which you are?

here are some facts:

-not all GMs are developers.
-most GMs have no idea how certain scripts work or are written.
-you have no idea how certain scripts work or are written.
-scripts are being further tweaked and rewritten due to the certain effects ceasing to function after engagement.
-GMs do not want to interfere with you. they want to solve your problem and put you on your way.
-there are GM guidelines which they agreed to follow that you know nothing about
-player or GM punishment is none of your business.
-if you bring your problem to the forums, it should be unresolvable via PM.
-the more idiocy that is in general chat, the less new people that will play here.
-GMs absolutely do NOT want a rotation schedule. I can provide you with screenshots to both your guild leaders as well as instructions to my GMs to have you resolve the issue yourselves. Don't paint a picture like thats what we want.
-I understand why daxum quit developing VZTZ as well as his farewell message. http://forums.pwnedemu.com/
-I wanted to play on this server. I do not anymore.
-I will only say things once. Not request them anymore.
-Bullshit will stop immediately. Don't make me stop it for you.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

I don't like crying about rotations, part of the reason I left IB. I'm not going to let a guild tag tell me who I can be friends with, and who I can associate with.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

-Oh fux, there are hundreds of people.
Made me smile

Makes me sad.

This is your sandbox man and I fully support making problems go away if they do not go away on thier own.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Aviak

Unfortunately one guild wants to control the world of norrath!!! they were laughing at recruiting Transcendance members especially they said they needed to get there wizards so they couldnt port to hate.. LUL
Old 12-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project 1999 Inspired by true events.

Want to know how you got to this point?

-Begin work solo.
-Make sweet love to waybackmachine, daily
-Recruit some help.
-Open beta testing for a year
-Fix things
-Beta testers submit LOTs of things
-Fix things
-Give free reign to beta testers to #zone, people are #leveled and geared
-Raid content gets beta tested
-Beta testers submit things
-Majority of posted bugs and issues are fixed
-Continue development.
-Huge dispute with people claiming that no more than 20-50 people would play unless there was 2 boxing
-Rebellion is quelled. People get mad.
-Beta community presses hard for release of server claiming it has been too long in development
-Give 2 week notice that beta was ending and server would fully launch.
-New beta testers submit LOTs of things
-Fix things
-Partially convinced by months of argument that the server would soon need 2 boxing, estimated players were quite low.
-Last day of beta.. raid content is further tested.
-Beta ends
-Clear character data, inventories, etc in preparation of launch.
-Server launches
-Oh fux, there are hundreds of people. Upload speed available in my area insufficient.
-Start looking for new hosting enviroment
-Doom and gloom as lag monster consumes everyone
-Rogean offers temporary hosting
-<3 Rogean, connection upgraded to ludicrous speed
-People are happy, mostly
-Threats start, out of control ooc
-Bannings occur. Threats, insanity, etc.
-Exploits handled. People are warned/punished as needed.
-Rogean joins development as Server Administrator
-project1999.org is established
-ddos person gets upset for various rules they disagreed with
-ddos attacks begin
-terrorist demands: ease up on the ooc chat rules, unban the people that were banned*i assume that was the only for sure way they could play without singling out themselves as the attacker.
-We decide to give everyone another chance
-massive complaints about game mechanics, melee, and various bugs
-development works and fixes while simultaneously trying to configure all the tools and connections to do their work safely.
-GMs overloaded by amounts of petitions
-Isolated hurt butts all around norrath
-Working enviroment reestablished, continue work
-ddos guy /attack
-Refusal of any further terrorist demands..
-ddos guy /attack
-claims of gm favoritism, review logs. listen to testimonials
-ddos guy /attack
-claims of IB favoritism, review logs. listen to testimonials
-ddos guy /attack
-fixes and work in general slow down as full time petition support and is required.
-ddos guy /attack
-conspiracy theories are grown. time wasted explaining the lunacy.
-EQemu is terminated for constant attacks. loginservers, irc, webpage, etc
-p1999 and the loginservers brought back up.
-claims of any drama that could be conjured or molded from conjecture + exasperation
-webpage is brought back up
-strong urge to ban my problems, not my players. have you asked yourself lately which you are?

here are some facts:

-not all GMs are developers.
-most GMs have no idea how certain scripts work or are written.
-you have no idea how certain scripts work or are written.
-scripts are being further tweaked and rewritten due to the certain effects ceasing to function after engagement.
-GMs do not want to interfere with you. they want to solve your problem and put you on your way.
-there are GM guidelines which they agreed to follow that you know nothing about
-player or GM punishment is none of your business.
-if you bring your problem to the forums, it should be unresolvable via PM.
-the more idiocy that is in general chat, the less new people that will play here.
-GMs absolutely do NOT want a rotation schedule. I can provide you with screenshots to both your guild leaders as well as instructions to my GMs to have you resolve the issue yourselves. Don't paint a picture like thats what we want.
-I understand why daxum quit developing VZTZ as well as his farewell message. http://forums.pwnedemu.com/
-I will only say things once. Not request them anymore.
-Bullshit will stop immediately. Don't make me stop it for you.
First I want to say thank you for having this server. I do not intend to offend but rather be blunt as to what is happening.

I disagree with these points Nilbog:

We are on a forced rotation system because it is GM imposed. It is the interference that has caused this. Solving problems is interference.

A simple rule of first to engage policy would have been sufficient. Otto is a great guildleader and if Transcendence had engaged any raid encounter before we did we would have backed off.

I have put a lot of time on your server and so have many others. This rotation system and any rotation system takes away the effort I have put into my character as someone can roll up a character tomorrow, level to 50 and have equal chance at everything I have been working hard for these past 2 months. I do not believe Wenai understands this concept.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

I have recently started a blitz campaign on your forums because I saw nothing happening to address valid issues.

Now that I see this, I will stop. Thank you for at least acknowledging that there is a problem.

I understand that punishment isn't any of my business, all I can ask for is that the shady behavior stop one way or another, but that's up to you dude. I hope that in the future we can all have a more ethical EQ experience.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Kobold

Thanks Nilbog - I think this is an important reminder to the drama queens who need to find the conspiracy theory in every decision made on the server.

You and your crew have worked your asses off on P1999, in exchange for being treated pretty much like shit on these forums. So don't forget that the (mostly) quiet group of players on the server is grateful for what you've given us. Maybe we just need to quit being so quiet about it!

I hope you all have a great holiday season, and are able to at some point enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Kobold

I know next to nothing about ddos or server or stuff, but are we safe from ddos attacks now that we have new stuff up?
Old 12-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartagnan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have put a lot of time on your server and so have many others. This rotation system and any rotation system takes away the effort I have put into my character as someone can roll up a character tomorrow, level to 50 and have equal chance at everything I have been working hard for these past 2 months. I do not believe Wenai understands this concept.
If you have decided to make P1999 more of a job than a game, that's not Nilbog's fault.

But this probably explains the vigor with which you high-enders are attacking the forums these days.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have decided to make P1999 more of a job than a game, that's not Nilbog's fault.

But this probably explains the vigor with which you high-enders are attacking the forums these days.
It just that they want to control the server... they got mad that transcendance had an applicable raid force at the dragons spawn like 7 hours before spawn, and they got pissed and felt belittled, and said that they would just come in and KS, which is hypocritcal because they ranted on me for "KSing" EE lol
Closed Thread