Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjnikki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just made a post about this under bugs. As a new player, I can no longer kill anything. I don't have SoW. Stuff just runs away, and I can't keep up with it, and when I got a SoW, it said i was too far away to hit the Desert Scarab, but I was right on top of it.

Also, being a new player, I don't have much STR, and I am encumbered a lot from picking up a lot of stuff to sell to vendors, which makes it even more difficult.

If it is true that creatures fled and ran away this fast on Live, I don't remember that.

However, just because "it was that way on Live", it does not make it the right way. EQ Live was a huge work in progress, it was the first game of it's kind, and a giant beta test for future MMORPG's. Nobody had done it before.

I like a good tough game to play, but being able to play it at all is important, especially for newbies like me.

Again, thank you for making this dream a reality Dev's!
Quote:
Working as intended
Quote:
We don't know what we're doing
Fixed
Old 04-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Banned

I always expected a change to the speed at which mobs run, because I knew they were a lot slower here than on live.

With that said: the patch is still a bit of a bummer. Oh well, will adapt.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

They know mobs are running too fast. They will fix it. WHEN they run is a different issue, and they have already fixed it.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Kobold

I bet the prices of Silken Whips of Ensnaring Roots have shot through the roof.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

Mobs that flee at sow speed and trigger a train of stuff that effectively deca-attack you aren't really that bad, are they? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Aviak

My group in SolB last night did just fine. Yeah, at first, the mobs are running full speed+ even when snared but around 8% or so they stop or slow down as they should.

Get yourself a snarer and go keel some stuff ! =D
Old 04-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwils [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol i am 59 war and i went to mistmoore to mess around and kill low level names. Couldn't even kill a green mob. They would run away at 35%. I was chasing them all around the castle. Then I gave up!
I'm having this problem, specifically killing greens, I beat them to low health before I can get a snare proc off and off they go faster than my jboots.
<Divinity>
Old 04-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

I could live with this if they would fix snare. The reason it was that way on the first place was probably because snare doesn't work properly on this server and never has.

Does anyone ever remember a mob running with snare on it? Snare always stopped a mob in its tracks before it moved. Even with the highest level druid snare mobs still move.

FIX THIS!

Asher
Old 04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

I remember mobs walking away at sub-walk speed when snared, then stopping completely around 8-10%.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember mobs walking away at sub-walk speed when snared, then stopping completely around 8-10%.
This, stupids.
Closed Thread