Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookitsjb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go full custom content mode. Hear me out:

Sounds extreme right? It's a modern solution that allows everyone to raid regardless of guild tag.
This is far too much overhead, coding, and organization to realistically expect to happen. Plus the "cOmPeTiTiOn" crowd would lose their shit, and keep in mind Rog is on record saying he wants a competitive raid scene.

Quaking every respawn spreads out the opportunities for mobs, reduces GM workloads, eases but doesn't eliminate the toe-to-toe guild conflict, and encourages a more classic feel in the raid scene by encouraging a bit more actual mobilization and target prioritization rather than simply logging in your parks one target at a time.

As someone else mentioned, there were very frequent server resets, much more than we get quakes. If the idea with quakes is to simulate server downtime then ideally we should be quaking every Tuesday at 1PM eastern or some shit. I recall the devs out in Calilfornia bringing servers down for maintenance on weekday mornings. If there was downtime on weekends or primetime it was emergency server issues.

Obviously a Saturday/Sunday or even Friday night schedule would make more sense for our raid meta, but it would still approximate classic raiding better than armies of 60's and bots socking sixteen hour windows all week long.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:45 AM
Banned

Thread started out fun but devolved into big serious walls of txt.
Old 12-30-2020, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thread started out fun but devolved into big serious walls of txt.
For sure. Everyone in this thread talking about non-ToFS business needs to chill.

No one is going to remember who killed Vulak in a particular month. It's like crying about raid shit is more fun than actually playing the game with their friends.

They need to relax and explore the best dungeon that P99 has to offer.

Back on topic. I managed to drag a corpse down from 3rd floor to 1st yesterday. I also managed to swarm the 2nd floor for PLing.

3rd floor is super chill for soloers. Most of the mobs are kind enough to hang out in their own rooms for easy solo pulls. 6th floor too actually.
Old 12-30-2020, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is going to remember who killed Vulak in a particular month.
Except when we hear about "Vulak mem blur" like every single day.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscere [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bann Arcler
Old 12-30-2020, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except when we hear about "Vulak mem blur" like every single day.
Start putting shitty people on ignore. It will make you so much happier.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is far too much overhead, coding, and organization to realistically expect to happen. Plus the "cOmPeTiTiOn" crowd would lose their shit, and keep in mind Rog is on record saying he wants a competitive raid scene.

Quaking every respawn spreads out the opportunities for mobs, reduces GM workloads, eases but doesn't eliminate the toe-to-toe guild conflict, and encourages a more classic feel in the raid scene by encouraging a bit more actual mobilization and target prioritization rather than simply logging in your parks one target at a time.

As someone else mentioned, there were very frequent server resets, much more than we get quakes. If the idea with quakes is to simulate server downtime then ideally we should be quaking every Tuesday at 1PM eastern or some shit. I recall the devs out in Calilfornia bringing servers down for maintenance on weekday mornings. If there was downtime on weekends or primetime it was emergency server issues.

Obviously a Saturday/Sunday or even Friday night schedule would make more sense for our raid meta, but it would still approximate classic raiding better than armies of 60's and bots socking sixteen hour windows all week long.
Not an attack but I think you missed the subtle joke there in my long-winded, over complicated solution... the final part of my statement was simply along the lines of, "stop being shitty, and we wont need to do all this custom nonsense" - That requires 0 coding, and minimal effort. Heebs answered it immediately though; anything requiring people to not be turds is doomed for failure.
Old 12-30-2020, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grats on being an overall net negative asset to Riot via anti-LGBT rhetoric warding potential recruits away

It's okay though I understand where such emotions (usually) come from and forgive it
lmao
Old 12-30-2020, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grats on being an overall net negative asset to Riot via anti-LGBT rhetoric warding potential recruits away

It's okay though I understand where such emotions (usually) come from and forgive it
I will remove the tag from my characters the next time I log on.
Old 12-30-2020, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

you are guild removing yourself from <criot> cause you want to continue being homophobic ?