Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 12:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Respect the grind. Respect this game. Or GTFO.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, no point in playing with all the known cheaters that have already been caught but get to continue to play.

Simply not worth the time to grind to 50, just to have to deal with the same hacking shitbags I dealt with on VZ/TZ 1.0-4.0.

On the plus side, the server can prolly survive with 75-150 people. Which is what it will end up at around March / April of next year.
It'd be nice if Rogean or someone made a post just being like, yes/no there were some exploits/exploiters, and yes/no something was done about it. Seems like every retard on the server has their own idea of what went down and how big of a deal it was.

And with regards to the people screaming classic regarding xp:

we have non-classic spells in the game
we have non-classic quests in the game
we have non-classic mechanics in the game

deal with it
Old 12-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripcord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nell that made no sense, if a global communication system is in place and you use it, you are playing alone??

i really dont get how letting everyone (even the retards) have a viable channel to communicate gamewide would be detrimental or hazardous to the server. there is always /ignore and /turn off ooc if you wish to self-censor but to take away the very option is fascist and close minded and btw, what are you trying to hide from people, the way people really are here? let it flourish and wear that shit like armor.

you play classic pvp eq emu. fuck yea.
It's not global ooc itself that would make you alone, it's the need for global ooc in order to interact with people that would cause you to be alone. Being an MMO and all, if you find yourself with no one inside your zones to talk to you really are all alone. Global ooc is just an illusion of player interaction.

And call me a masochist, but I really like having auction zones in place. It really is nice for the lights to have Kelethin and the darks to have Neriak as the trading hubs. Global ooc would trivialize the distance between players wanting to trade.

But the main reason not to include global ooc into the game is because we don't need it. With 300 people online at once, that's a lot of spam :P

OF course, this is just my opinion and other people have very valid dissenting points [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-04-2011, 12:17 PM
VIP / Contributor

I just started on here late, sure its slow, sure u can get killed.... but sheesh people, make some friends. Everybodys so afraid of sharing xp and getting ganked that your maken it hard. Join a guild asap, make your guild members group with people. This isnt a blue server, you need to group and work together here....have you never played a PVP server before? Its not that bad.
The more nubs we help the more chances we have of them staying and increasing pop...
Last edited by conFIGured; 12-04-2011 at 12:26 PM..
Old 12-04-2011, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Its hard out there
Old 12-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Orc

Have you seen these mean streets? Fig? I was minding my own business the other day and somebody just KILLED me and took my money. This place makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcomb X
Last edited by Matador; 12-04-2011 at 12:33 PM..
Old 12-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by conFIGured [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just started on here late, sure its slow, sure u can get killed.... but sheesh people, make some friends. Everybodys so afraid of sharing xp and getting ganked that your maken it hard. Join a guild asap, make your guild members group with people. This isnt a blue server, you need to group and work together here....have you never played a PVP server before? Its not that bad.
The more nubs we help the more chances we have of them staying and increasing pop...
Old 12-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Banned

theres enough grind at 50 for items that this grind to get 50 makes it not worth it
Old 12-04-2011, 12:38 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you seen these mean streets? Fig? I was minding my own business the other day and somebody just KILLED me and took my money. This place makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcomb X

Hehe, I have, I was killed and lost 5 plat at lvl 6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] all the money i had, lol, its rough. Now im stuck farming rusted weapons for spell money again hahaha.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Noobs are our most precious resource, we really should be doing all we can to ensure they aren't scared off the server. I'll be making a twink eventually to help keep CB safe from bad guys.. though with the 4 level range at that level I'll be very limited [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]