Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default Server Pop plummeting

server pop plummeting: discuss

I think its because lovely has single handedly demotivated every player on server because at the end of the long grind tunnel is lovely with ice comet, nagafens tractor beam, and 50 gate pots
Old 12-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Banned

I think it's because the server is full of assholes who rub their penises across their monitor while they screen shot every PK they get.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it's because the server is full of assholes who rub their penises across their monitor while they screen shot every PK they get.
dont doubt this big gloinz cant help it but slay everything in sight
Old 12-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or like Salty, take 5 SS's for no killshot.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or like Salty, take 5 SS's for no killshot.
Are you dumb? It showed his body falling to the ground. Spell effects and corpse. Would you like me to post the screenshot with the text that says You have slain Killing? I have about 16 of those screenshots btw, but I can post that specific one if you'll stop whining about it.

Back to original discussion:

Players PERCEIVE there to be some sort of massive exploiting going on because

a) idiots trolling general forum about exploits, wipes, etc when it couldn't be further from the truth. Ask someone to expound on the "massive exploits" and all you get is gibberish about 2 people gained 2-3 levels each using wands and how mage swords are an exploit.

b) lovely trolling general forum trying to convince people he's exploiting his way to nagafen, guk, etc loots when it couldn't be further from the truth.

This could be solved by proper forum moderation. There's no reason that there should be a 15 page thread for 3 days about wiping the server on the main server chat forum. You think that helps server population?

Furthermore, server pop is still pretty healthy. VZTZ had 100-140 players on much of the time with the majority 2-3 boxed.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Banned

Toxic, exploiting, degenerate, immature, terrible community. Nothing more; nothing less. Illegitimate top leveled players free farming with no repercussions. Lol.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daefuin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you dumb? It showed his body falling to the ground. Spell effects and corpse. Would you like me to post the screenshot with the text that says You have slain Killing? I have about 16 of those screenshots btw, but I can post that specific one if you'll stop whining about it.

Back to original discussion:

Players PERCEIVE there to be some sort of massive exploiting going on because

a) idiots trolling general forum about exploits, wipes, etc when it couldn't be further from the truth. Ask someone to expound on the "massive exploits" and all you get is gibberish about 2 people gained 2-3 levels each using wands and how mage swords are an exploit.

b) lovely trolling general forum trying to convince people he's exploiting his way to nagafen, guk, etc loots when it couldn't be further from the truth.

This could be solved by proper forum moderation. There's no reason that there should be a 15 page thread for 3 days about wiping the server on the main server chat forum. You think that helps server population?

Furthermore, server pop is still pretty healthy. VZTZ had 100-140 players on much of the time with the majority 2-3 boxed.
1) VZTZ was a trash server so lets not use that as a way to gauge success here.

2) Obviously there were bugs that were exploited. Whether they gave people 1 RL day or 5-7 RL days leg up on leveling is unknown (lovely says he only exploited wands for 3 levels, but that could be more like 5-6 levels, or whatever, plus it could have been used by more than just a few people). Saving a week of /played is a lot of time to someone with a job.

So you are right, no one really knows, but thats mostly the fault of the GMs that don't ever say anything about it despite it being a clear concern to the players via these forums.

So the other bugs like possibly exploited pathing with eye spells might be a big deal, might not be, won't really know.

Lastly, summoned swords + pets. I heard this got nerfed or is about to be nerfed, but only after the level 30+ crowd had a full week and half to benefit from it? That kind of shit doesn't belong and ends up being divisive to the players that didnt get a chance to benefit from it.

The fact that there is a perceived notion of exploiting going on and no one from the staff seeming to give a fuck about it is probably what hurts the server the most, more than the actual exploits.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Toxic, exploiting, degenerate, immature, terrible community. Nothing more; nothing less. Illegitimate top leveled players free farming with no repercussions. Lol.
Maybe people would take you seriously if you weren't a toxic, degenerate, immature, terrible poster.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Yaknow for all the bitching and complaining...dont people understand that it isnt going to change nor stop?

So get on board or go back to whatever game you love...but stop shitting up the forums with your drag.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Kobold

I can almost guarantee if Rogean and company could have crystal balled the future of this server b4 launch, they wouldn't even have bothered- lol.

It's a shame.
Closed Thread