Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 06:05 PM
VIP / Contributor

Default Suicide XP Loss

Does anybody out there know anything about how much xp loss is supposed to occur when you die by self inflicted ways? HT, Lich, Manastone, etc etc..... At lvl 19 I lost 1 yellow and 2 blue bubbles worth of xp by HT myself. I do not lose that much vs NPC or PVP. Is it supposed to be more bc of pvp server? Did it factor in xp loss from suicide + npc + pvp death?
Old 12-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Banned

the handful of times i fell off a cliff etc and dirtnapped i remember it being the same as a pve death but not more, think i killed myself once or twice by nuking instead of healing and it being the same.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

on sullon zek there was no xp loss from falling off cliff and such, the only server with xp loss

there should definately be xp loss when you kill yourself, and the way its currently set sounds fine considering how benefical it is to kill yourself rather than die to someone else (no killshot = death didnt happen)
Old 12-17-2011, 06:09 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloinz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
on sullon zek there was no xp loss from falling off cliff and such, the only server with xp loss

there should definately be xp loss when you kill yourself, and the way its currently set sounds fine considering how benefical it is to kill yourself rather than die to someone else (no killshot = death didnt happen)
And i completely understand it being that way, a safety measure to keep people from suiciding to save from pvp death... but... IS IT that way or NOT is the question.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by conFIGured [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And i completely understand it being that way, a safety measure to keep people from suiciding to save from pvp death... but... IS IT that way or NOT is the question.
it is that way if this server was based on sullon zek ruleset but its not because i cant kill someone 20 levels lower

xp loss on death wasnt on any of the other pvp servers so...
Old 12-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by conFIGured [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anybody out there know anything about how much xp loss is supposed to occur when you die by self inflicted ways? HT, Lich, Manastone, etc etc..... At lvl 19 I lost 1 yellow and 2 blue bubbles worth of xp by HT myself. I do not lose that much vs NPC or PVP. Is it supposed to be more bc of pvp server? Did it factor in xp loss from suicide + npc + pvp death?
A self-inflicted exp death should probably only give you Vs.-mob exp loss. 1.2 yellows seems very extreme, and it is more than twice a normal exp death.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloinz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it is that way if this server was based on sullon zek ruleset but its not because i cant kill someone 20 levels lower
Did you incur exp death on Sullon Zek if the person was out of 5 level range? I don't remember that.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you incur exp death on Sullon Zek if the person was out of 5 level range? I don't remember that.
no
Old 12-17-2011, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
no
It was a nice consolation prize for lower level people growing up; I remember them always swarming up and attacking red invaders.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a nice consolation prize for lower level people growing up; I remember them always swarming up and attacking red invaders.
yep lol every newt in highkeep would die valiently
Closed Thread