Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Aviak

Default Soloing in Howling Stones

I play an enchanter. I have a question that might get some "duh" responses, but I'm honestly wondering. Soloing entrance is cakewalk, no problem. Let's say I want to push into North though. I can pacify the first room, single pull, and kill my way in. Anytime I get a crit resist, I'm getting all of them. This isn't a big deal except the fact that many of the mobs harmtouch... insta-gib if it's 2 of them. Is my success in HS solely based on if I get a crit resist or not on room pulls? How can I avoid eating harm touches if things go bad? I've sent my pet in to have him try to eat everything, but the other 3 mobs still come regardless.

I've read the new journal on chanter soloing in HS.. I don't think a strategy is addressed to avoid this situation. Is it just all luck? I can play perfect, get a crit resist and eat 2 HT's and LOADING.. PLEASE WAIT..
Old 09-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Banned

Just make sure you have good cha - the odds of you getting a crit resist on the first lull or second are slim. It can happen, just gtf to a good spot to die so you can drag your corpse.

Being a good enchanter does not mean you do not die, a lot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Aviak

Thanks man. I need to stop being such a puss maybe haha
Old 09-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

if you charm a mob who is surrounding a pack of mobs, then the pack of mobs will come for you. but if you charm a mob solo, and then send him into a pack of mobs, the mobs should attack your pet. thus allowing you to root them all
Old 09-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Banned

psst secrets - solo the ent, gate, /duel someone, leave a key on that corpse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Mem blur one of the golems to north before going in so he regens to 100%. Charm him, send into the 4 room, aoe mezz. Root all and just either continue to mezz or suicide. Doesn't matter at that point, room is basically gtg.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 09-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Aviak

Never thought to try that. AOE mez off the pet. My issue was AOE mez not reaching the mobs in the 4 corners of the room.

Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

iruinedyourday.. awesome idea for keying
Old 09-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

When I lull a room, I do it in order of my personal experience for resists.

Devourers/Feasters > pyre golems > sepulcher skeletons > Oblations > greater skellies > Bile Golems > Named mobs

My strat will vary, but this is usually the order. I start with the easiest so that a resist will not bring every mob, every time.

If I am doing the 5 spawn room (west) in North, I will try other pulling methods, especially if it is stacked with bile golems and greater skellies.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just make sure you have good cha - the odds of you getting a crit resist on the first lull or second are slim. It can happen, just gtf to a good spot to die so you can drag your corpse.

Being a good enchanter does not mean you do not die, a lot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course if you're a belt and suspenders kinda guy then a Leatherfoot Raiders Skullcap is the final Panic Button before the hps get to 0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 09-16-2014, 06:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've read the new journal on chanter soloing in HS.. I don't think a strategy is addressed to avoid this situation. Is it just all luck? I can play perfect, get a crit resist and eat 2 HT's and LOADING.. PLEASE WAIT..
There is some luck to playing an enchanter. Your job is to take the proper steps to minimize the negative impact that bad luck will have on you when it inevitably does show up. Stuff like only zoning into HS with bedlam and rune and IVU up and immediately running to north stairs when you zone in, or only trying to lull a larger spawn of HTers with bedlam and rune and a pet charmed ready to intercept some of the enemies when they come, or spawning low-level trash around a named spawn so you can lull it more quickly and safely, or keeping backup gear/reagents in your bank for CRing, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never thought to try that. AOE mez off the pet. My issue was AOE mez not reaching the mobs in the 4 corners of the room.

Thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

iruinedyourday.. awesome idea for keying
You definitely need to skim through the top 5-10 pages of this section of the forums and read every thread that talks about enchanters. I'm pretty sure I've unloaded 95% of my enchanter soloing HS knowledge in these forums at least once, and many others give tips and tricks also.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 09-16-2014 at 06:46 AM..
Closed Thread