Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lartanin63 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would totally use that ghoulbane and a shield in undead situations. I don't think the DPs from either of those 2 handers could keep up with the DMG from the procs the ghoulbane will give you. I use baton in mistmoore and it did the job fine.
Proc is 140 to 162 dd, depending on your level. That gives ~ 2.5dps with 100-ish dex, ~ 5dps with over 200 dex, assuming every proc lands for full damage (keep on dreamin!). It's awesome good fun in Unrest where the mobs have few enough HP that 140dd proc moves their health bar very noticeably. But once you've moved beyond Unrest you'll find Baton of Faith & Sword of the Morning produce noticeably better sustained damage than Ghoulbane even vs. undead.

[edit]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol pallies doing damage. you guys are hilarious
Under L40 Paladin damage output contributes solidly to a group, especially with good weapons being so outrageously cheap on this server. After 40 tho their damage stagnates (actually gets worse if they don't have access to higher level haste & attack buffs) while the real DPSers keep scaling upwards.
Last edited by kaev; 03-02-2015 at 07:29 PM..
Old 03-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Banned

you'll want to wield a rogue in your MH for DPS and a warrior in your OH to take the hits
Old 03-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you'll want to wield a rogue in your MH for DPS and a warrior in your OH to take the hits
pallies cant dual wield. even if that rogue and warrior were gnomes
Old 03-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Sarnak

Default .

I guess I should of stated I didn't mean forever. He said he was almost 20. To assume I meant that is just a bit much.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

You would need 2 proc per min to beat a .75 ratio weapon... I think... GB proc is around 200 = 3.33/sec ~ 12/swing ~+5-6 weapon damage per proc on a 15/34 weapon, or making it equiv to a 26-27/34. I cannot recall how often it process, but that seems attainable.

*edit Kaev beat me to the analysis! D: proc number is different though, what gives?
Last edited by maskedmelon; 03-02-2015 at 11:04 PM..
Old 03-02-2015, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pallies cant dual wield. even if that rogue and warrior were gnomes
No need, warriors are meatshields....
Old 03-03-2015, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would need 2 proc per min to beat a .75 ratio weapon... I think... GB proc is around 200 = 3.33/sec ~ 12/swing ~+5-6 weapon damage per proc on a 15/34 weapon, or making it equiv to a 26-27/34. I cannot recall how often it process, but that seems attainable.

*edit Kaev beat me to the analysis! D: proc number is different though, what gives?
http://wiki.project1999.com/Dismiss_Undead

Pretty sure that info is correct, I cannot ever recall getting a proc anywhere near 200 with a ghoulbane, although I am half tempted to log in my paladin or cleric to nuke a green undead just to verify the 162 damage cap on Dismiss.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

All procs should be equalized at this point in the server. Proc rate mods are all 0.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ight=proc+rate
Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah I thought the Paladin DPS dude was trolling too but I wasn't about to be a dick about it I knew everyone else would take care of that lol

Baton of Faith is good and cheap. Ghoulbane is good in Unrest in 20s but 30+ it really starts to slow down damage-wise

<The A-Team>
Old 03-03-2015, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.com/Dismiss_Undead

Pretty sure that info is correct, I cannot ever recall getting a proc anywhere near 200 with a ghoulbane, although I am half tempted to log in my paladin or cleric to nuke a green undead just to verify the 162 damage cap on Dismiss.
Oh, interesting! That link is what I was referencing (look at the description at the top of the page) ^^ my memory doesn't allow me to retain that kind of info (or anything else) very long lol. I hadn't even noticed the other values down below in the effects area though ^^
Closed Thread