Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That will always, on this server, force the competition to do something rash, because it forces their hand and gives them no shot, unlike having to mobilize or log in and figure shit out, instead of insta-engaging and claiming spawn points.
That's the thing, Dagner. Our killing Juggs in preparation for a late-window Trak spawn does not "force the competition to do something rash." In fact, it should show the competition that this other group of players are prepared to kill this dragon before we were (40 vs 7 as Jarn points out) and they deserve it if they're willing to stay. But let's be prepared if they ever leave.

You don't have to "do something rash" and be dicks by moving 20 ft. in front of a fully assembled raid force that had been clearing Juggs in preparation for a Trakanon spawn for a full five hours before you decided to "do something rash."

Stop being assholes.

Alarti is a dickhead.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanbanthony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the thing, Dagner. Our killing Juggs in preparation for a late-window Trak spawn does not "force the competition to do something rash." In fact, it should show the competition that this other group of players are prepared to kill this dragon before we were (40 vs 7 as Jarn points out) and they deserve it if they're willing to stay. But let's be prepared if they ever leave.

You don't have to "do something rash" and be dicks by moving 20 ft. in front of a fully assembled raid force that had been clearing Juggs in preparation for a Trakanon spawn for a full five hours before you decided to "do something rash."

Stop being assholes.

Alarti is a dickhead.
I've barely commented in this thread and nothing offensive.

Stop poopsocking.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanbanthony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I respectfully disagree. I think what you're doing is just a slippery slope leading to who can put 15 (or pick a number) in a zone (not necessarily on the spawn point) to claim a raid mob.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Well im not going to get into this pissing match, but I will give accurate numbers. TMO-24, Enraptured-19 before we decided to move down to trak spawn point after your "non-sock" of 48 player's was killing tola/jugg's.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I respectfully disagree. I think what you're doing is just a slippery slope leading to who can put 15 (or pick a number) in a zone (not necessarily on the spawn point) to claim a raid mob.
The issue is less who can put 15 in a zone, but more a sense of community and and creating an atmosphere where folks enjoy playing Everquest. It's not as if I enjoy sitting in Trak's lair buffing an entire raid force for 5 hours, but we know that we are less likely to engage first if it's a batphone race. TMO is better than us at that and we know it. So, our option is to keep the raid force there, or "poopsock" if we want to slay a dragon. I enjoy slaying dragons.

You'll never see BDA poopsocking a mob with more a lot of time left in window, but when we know the chances get better and better that it'll spawn, we're going to give ourselves the best chance at killing the target and for the time being, that means get a raid force there.

However, seeing that BDA had a raid force that could kill Trak and being worried that Enraptured wouldn't get their Trak teeth and BP's, TMO decides to "rules lawyer" and be general assholes to the rest of the server. It's a dick move.

Alarti, still a dickhead.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Orc

Hold on! TMO and Enraptured are raiding together?! I demand they merge this instant!

(After all, isn't that what TMO bitched about for months when IB/TR was raiding with VD?)
Old 07-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hold on! TMO and Enraptured are raiding together?! I demand they merge this instant!

(After all, isn't that what TMO bitched about for months when IB/TR was raiding with VD?)
To me its straight up a move by a guild thats on the ropes and worried about the future. Same goes with moving onto the spawn point. From what I understand TMO knew they wouldn't get FTE because BDA had more people in proximity than TMO and Enraptured combined.

I feel bad for Enraptured though, handing over their guild to TMO.

Its just a matter of BDA keeping up the pressure to put the final nails into TMO's coffin on this server. The sooner the better for the servers sake.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Banned

Nothing will change for as long as the admins allow guilds such as TMO to behave the way they do on this server. IF TMO folds under the pressure of another guild, it will just repeat itself with the remainders of TMO reforming under a new name and doing the same shit.

Hopefully the rules changes coming up will make TMO all kill themselves ingame and let their corpses rot then we can all masturbate furiously to the idea of a clean server for once.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, they're definitely not the guild that pioneered:

Laying FD under trak and popping up to claim FTE AND running in folks DA idols when they didn't have the people to kill it, forcing IB to run out of the lair or finish our kill and hand them the loot (multiple times).

Running in and spamming aggro spells / clickies to pull aggro on trak to give him life back through lifetaps (multiple times).

AEing CCd trains when VS was being pulled to zone to break the CC and cause a massive wipe of both IB and half of KC.

No wait, all of those things were TMO, and almost all were Zeelot personally, before anyone from any other guild sunk to that level of utter nonsense rules lawyering.
Am afraid this post gets lost, so bumping it ! Shiftin is right here. All those facts are true, and I dare any TMO to claim those to be false.

That's the way TMO was "competing" with TR back in the day. Playing FTE rule no matter what. No raid force ? Doesn't matter ! just be the first one on aggro list and have another guild to kill the mob for you.

Alarti, Stealin, Tiggle, you can spin the machine as much as you want ! What TMO did yesterday is a dickmove. Yes, it is allowed by the raid rules, but what part of that don't you understand ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raid Rules

These rules are created to encourage fair play and competition between raiding guilds. Be courteous and respectful of the other raiding guilds. The following rules apply in raid situations, and are enforced during any dispute.
The rules of engagement for raid bosses on Project 1999 are First to Engage (FTE) in any situation that is not covered below.
You didn't break any rule and you won't be suspended. Grats on that ! However, great way to show how you want to compete for your mobs ! You guys sure are an example to follow ! Keep acting this way guys ! You sure are working for a better health of the server.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Banned

Step 1: Place 55 lv 55s on a mob low in window
Step 2: Leave when someone else shows up
Step 3: Cry Poopsock
Step 4: Profit
Closed Thread