Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny part is...

Most of this community despises anything modern-EQ. With a rather ridiculous seething hatred. Instancing falls under this category. Yet...I'd like to introduce you to reason number 1 as to why instancing was put in-game in the first place. This thread...

Sony didn't want to put up with this. So they took the easy way out, by putting each guild in "their own little corner" like children. What makes you think something that was stupid 13 years ago is intelligent now? Wonder how many more years it's gonna take before guilds on EQ can reach a consensus for still competing with each other, FAIRLY, without bitching endlessly.
This server was put in place for the classic feel. What you're asking is for this server to be like every other server (i.e., non-classic). If you want forced rotations (i.e., instances), then go to the myriad other servers which are available. If you want to raid pre-kunark, kunark, and velious and still get the "classic feel," EQmac is available.

For this server, the only answer is Velious. Any "solution" other than a Velious beta release is futile in the face of the premier reason this server exists: the "classic feel." More raid targets = a thinning out of any legit raid force, which means you won't need server repops every 2 weeks. The bigger guilds will get the high priority targets, and the other guilds will get the leftovers. Everyone will be happy.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentalCowtipper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This may be the funniest post yet so far.
Repeat after me - I know its hard to understand - Tola's spot is NOT easily within agro range.
That is why BDA was poopsocking there. They wanted to be as close as possible WITHOUT being in agro range.

It is coded correctly - ask one of your TR/IB butt buddies to check out the agro range on eqmac. I did on EZ, THF and PEQ and guess what - Tola's spot it out agro range on all of them.

Its pretty simple. BDA was poopsocking hard with 40 people late into the window. Not a single person actually believes they were there just to "farm juggs for spells and maybe get lucky with trak" - with 9 hours left in the window....riiiight.
Instead of manning up and poopsocking correctly - ON Trak's spawn spot - they decided to play it safe and keep their force outside of agro range.

So TMO moved a force inside of agro range - Within the letter of the law to a T. We broke no rules and as Zeelot told BDA leadership we have fraps and SS's to prove it.

Next time, BDA, if you have more people there first and you want to play the poopsock game - man the fuck up and sit on Trak's spawn. If you're going to try to play the poopsock game do it right. Instead they wanted their cake and to be able to eat it too - they wanted to be able to poopsock but not have to be ready go to the second he engaged (thus the out of agro range sock site).

How many of those 40+ BDA were afk watching TV? Reading a Book? Playing Another Game? All waiting for a batphone to go off so they could run over to their PC - because they were nice and safely parked outside of Trak's agro radius? All it takes is 6 (well for BDA maybe 12) to ensure that Juggs/Tola stays clear. The rest can AFK.

How is that any better than camping people out at a target? Its not. Its worse. Its like camping out at the target - but your character still logged in. Nice little 1-2 min jump on people who are actually logged out at a mob.

Moral of the story - if you want to poopsock do it right. Wanting to be able to poopsock and at the same time have the liberty to not be forced into a instant engage just doesn't cut it.

If you're going to sock you gotta be ready for instant engages. There are many Traks I remember we socked against TR/IB where we had 15-20 and we engaged - while more people were logging on to the batphone that was sent out. Some of those Traks we won. Others we wiped and lost - but thats the price you have to pay when you want to poopsock and are forced to do it correctly.

Sorry you want the world handed to you on a platter but you can't poopsock a mob outside of his agro range. The rules are the rules; if they get changed thats up to the staff. I know as a guild TMO will continue to abide by all server rules and not break a single one. With the hard-on some have for us (like Gwence - OMG BAN THEM.. other people who may be server staff.....)- don'tcha think we'll be frapsing damn near everything from now on? =)

Flippie
Kental
Holy shit, tl;dr.
Looks like gwence struck a nerve on this one, although i can only speculate because of the fucking novel presented in rebuttal. Im not reading that shit. Just to back up gwence's claim, tola spawn is totally in agro range of trak on any server that is properly coded. Everywhere w/ LoS to Trak is easily within agro range.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit, tl;dr.
Looks like gwence struck a nerve on this one, although i can only speculate because of the fucking novel presented in rebuttal. Im not reading that shit. Just to back up gwence's claim, tola spawn is totally in agro range of trak on any server that is properly coded. Everywhere w/ LoS to Trak is easily within agro range.
trak has a 10 000 ft. aggro range guys.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

This was the best read I could find on my break from work. Drink the koolaid
Old 07-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanthallas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You mean < The Prostitutes of The Mystical Order>?
Hrmm the logic here just isnt adding up. We've helped out enraptured a lot and will continue to do so. I met Xero a while back and after talking to him a good while realized hes a cool dude. This was when he was lvl 30 something I believe - back when they just formed the guild. We talked a while. I think I helped him xp some on Flip and bought him a couple things - like a book of obulus - just because he was a new player who seemed cool and *gasp* actually had a competitive spriit.
(I give/buy stuff for random people all the time - if they're cool. Mostly new people. Ask Ambro - during that melee he summoned people to I gave him a couple things to have people roll on I found in my bags. Theres a plenty of people who can attest I give a lot of shit away - what do I need plat for really? New people need gear)

I mentioned to Zeelot what nice people Enraptured were later on - I think this was in April - only to find out he already knew about them and had been hanging out with them. I believe this to be because they're the only only guild I can see on this sever who wants to take the game more seriously and be more dedicated - non just a "family guild" but a guild with players who have aspirations to be genuinely competitive.

The thing with Enraptured is - they don't feel they're entitled to anything. They don't want rotations. They want competition. They're a pretty skilled group of people who are quite dedicated.

Stop and think a second that maybe one day Enraptured will turn out to be competition for TMO instead of allies. Once they're VP geared up they'll be in a much better position to take on Velious mobs than even BDA (no amount of lvl 57s in PoFear/Hate armor is going to be able to take down Sontalaak -sorry guys!).
I'd much rather have Enraptured as possible competition then a bunch of whiny, self entitled people wanting things served up to them on a platter.

So you want rotations? Hell might as well institute instances. It amounts to the same thing...

Flippie
Kental
Old 07-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentalCowtipper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hrmm the logic here just isnt adding up. We've helped out enraptured a lot and will continue to do so. I met Xero a while back and after talking to him a good while realized hes a cool dude. This was when he was lvl 30 something I believe - back when they just formed the guild. We talked a while. I think I helped him xp some on Flip and bought him a couple things - like a book of obulus - just because he was a new player who seemed cool and *gasp* actually had a competitive spriit.
(I give/buy stuff for random people all the time - if they're cool. Mostly new people. Ask Ambro - during that melee he summoned people to I gave him a couple things to have people roll on I found in my bags. Theres a plenty of people who can attest I give a lot of shit away - what do I need plat for really? New people need gear)

I mentioned to Zeelot what nice people Enraptured were later on - I think this was in April - only to find out he already knew about them and had been hanging out with them. I believe this to be because they're the only only guild I can see on this sever who wants to take the game more seriously and be more dedicated - non just a "family guild" but a guild with players who have aspirations to be genuinely competitive.

The thing with Enraptured is - they don't feel they're entitled to anything. They don't want rotations. They want competition. They're a pretty skilled group of people who are quite dedicated.

Stop and think a second that maybe one day Enraptured will turn out to be competition for TMO instead of allies. Once they're VP geared up they'll be in a much better position to take on Velious mobs than even BDA (no amount of lvl 57s in PoFear/Hate armor is going to be able to take down Sontalaak -sorry guys!).
I'd much rather have Enraptured as possible competition then a bunch of whiny, self entitled people wanting things served up to them on a platter.

So you want rotations? Hell might as well institute instances. It amounts to the same thing...

Flippie
Kental
Oh no i didnt pay that prostitute for sex, i gave that prostitute money because i think she is cool, and has a competitive spirit...I swear. She didnt feel entitled to the money, she just likes competition. you're kidding me right?
Old 07-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
I know as a guild TMO will continue to abide by all server rules and not break a single one.
R

O

F

L

This clown can't be serious.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

I'm sorry you're so bitter Kenzar.. I know loosing over and over and over gets to ya.
Especially hurts more when you had a free ride for the last 2 weeks but now you can clearly see how inferior your guild is.

Last 24 hours TMO has taken out
Trak
VP Dragons
VS
RF
Naggy

Whoever said earlier that TMO is crumbling sure knows their stuff lol.

I'm just curious as to how/why BDA could have had an entire group in LCY in KC (7 total - must have been 1 out of group dpsing) when VS popped compared to our 1 tracker - yet you guys didnt even try to mobilize/engage? Wheres your cajhones? You had a whole group advantage on us off the jump yet didnt even try.

Thats what I mean about competitive spirit. We don't need to beat them - they beat themselves when they tell themselves they can't out mobilize us so they don't even bother to try.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
R

O

F

L

This clown can't be serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonStillPosting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"I got nothing. So, I make shit up!"
Yup pretty much sums it up.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone knows the 15-man rule is dumb as fuck. Rather than bitching about it being invoked (it has remained a rule despite constant and serious opposition to it), why don't you bitch about the rule existing in the first place? It encourages socking. If encounters descended into anarchy and it became a simple roll of the dice as to who got first aggro, it might actually encourage people to reach a civilized agreement and avoid socking for the most part.