Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no mana cost, there is loss of mana
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMG
Potential mana is not mana that you have.

If your intention is to do zero damage, not casting this will be more efficient and you miss out on potential mana by doing so.

If you are intending to do damage, missing one tick to cast this will be the most efficient way.

Edit: in your scenario, you don't actually kill the mob, that's what makes your post a troll.
Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 07-03-2017 at 09:45 AM..
Old 07-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Banned

I want to punch both of you in the face now

TLDR - Lumi staff is good
Old 07-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to punch you in the face now
Some people cannot handle the truth.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Seems to be a lot of dick swinging going around here in-between the useful information.

From my experience I used lumi staff 46-49 to non-stop quad the shellcatcher otters in Cobalt Scar that roam into the water. It was fantastic for leveling 46-49. Once I got to 49, I almost exclusively used the 49 Quad nuke because my druid was very well geared and Mana almost was never an issue, though I would use the lumi to finish off quads if I ever ran oom.

I leveled 49-54 in Cobalt Scar off wyverns/drakes, and due to the fact they are usually contested by at least 1 other most of the time, I saw no real use for the low dmg lumi staff did compared to their hp pools. I also I had to wait for respawns usually anyways, and I enjoyed some down time to do r/l stuff between quads.

That said for a lesser geared druid I'd see great use in using lumi staff to quad from 49-54 as well, as insurance for if mobs resists or hps force you to run oom before the kite ends. When root rotting it can be used to finish off mobs if you run oom as well.

All the above is from solo experience, from a group standpoint not sure the long cast does a lot for you, and there are probably better things you could be doing to benefit the group through CC/spot heals/nukes/stuns/harmony depending on indoor/outdoor.

TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R - for a lesser geared druid imo the Lumi staff has significant value from 46-54 solo, and minimal use at any level in a group. 55+ it becomes a nice to have for insurance of free damage if you ever run oom, though at that point you're quadding/rotting mobs that have too many hps for your Mana pool and I'd find a new camp or buy some cheap +Wis and +Mana gear to get it up a bit and try again. If you can afford it by 46 buy it, it'll be great 46-49 and good/insurance 49-54.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It does technically cost you 1-2 med tics.
Single target nuking - the math:

It is 18.2 dps on a single target.

With POTG, mask and c2 a Druid can generate 42 mana a tick - 7 mana a second. 59 nuke is 3.2 dpm but you lose a tick casting. So a fully buffed level 60 druid can sustain via nukes 2-3 more dps hitting every single med tick than a 46 Druid chain clicking a stick. There's a lot of Druids out there 46-59 who don't have POTG and c2 all the time.

I'm not advocating Druids sitting around chain clicking their lumi staves. There is better use of their mana. I'm just pointing out the value of the stick.

For quadding the high level nukes generate 8+ dpm vs 4 mobs. Unless you're oom or need to finish off 1-2, it's more ideal to mix in actual level appropriate spells and to kill them faster and med up.

It has its uses - and it goes beyond just kiting.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 07-03-2017 at 11:46 AM..
Closed Thread