Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 11:03 PM
Orc

Default I really want to make bard but...

My scroll through NPCs target key doesn't always work right.
To change targets, the first time it takes two times pressing the key to switch to another target. Sometimes it doesn't. I assume bards need to do this in order to mez other targets. I think for the most part I will be ok because most mobs don't stack perfectly. What do you all think? Do u think I could play a bard with a semi-functional scroll NPC key?
Old 08-09-2017, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

If youre bard mezzing you can always click because bard mezzes include a push mechanism
Old 08-09-2017, 01:10 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If youre bard mezzing you can always click because bard mezzes include a push mechanism
I'm sorry I don't understand. What do you mean by push mechanism?
Old 08-09-2017, 06:10 AM
Sarnak

what he means is that when a mob is mezzed by a bard the mob will move slightly the opposite direction from the direction the bard is facing (ie if you are looking at the mob it will move toward you, if you are looking away from the mob it will move back). This gives a little more control on where the mobs are placed during the fight. Once you get the hang of it you don't even notice you are pushing the mobs to the spots you want them.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what he means is that when a mob is mezzed by a bard the mob will move slightly the opposite direction from the direction the bard is facing (ie if you are looking at the mob it will move toward you, if you are looking away from the mob it will move back). This gives a little more control on where the mobs are placed during the fight. Once you get the hang of it you don't even notice you are pushing the mobs to the spots you want them.
Technically there are two single target mezzes. The lvl28 mez pushes backwards, so you'd want to look away from the mob to pull it to you, and the lvl53 works the other way, it pulls towards you, you'd look away to push it away from you.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Just set your "Cycle through NPC's" key to a different key in Alt+O>Keys tab>Target dropdown
Closed Thread