Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 09:32 PM
Large Bat

Default Mage Solo Spots 52+

My mage is currently sitting at 52 and trying to find some solo spots to grind while half-afk, but a bit stumped. Any places you all recommend? The last guide for these levels I could find is from 3 years ago and wasn't particularly robust.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:07 AM
Sarnak

The Hole, Permafrost killing in the pit, GD killing wurms & guards in free port.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 08-15-2017, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

Arrow found this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-10 Starting area
10 - 14 North Ro dune spiders, scarabs
14-17 Oasis caimans, crocs
17-20 Oasis deepwater caimans, crocs
20 - 27 East Karana crag spiders
27 - 30 South Karana gnolls, aviaks, centaurs
30 - 45 Highkeep guards
45-48 Dreadlands yetis
48 - 52 CoM/The Hole
52-60 KC/Seb/HS

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 08-15-2017, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Goodest has some great suggestions, but if you get bored and want variety many of the places listed in the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in signature) are also mage-soloable.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

Raptors in Timorous Deep. They are either 12 or 14 minute respawn timer. So you could camp anywhere from 1 to maybe 3 spawns very relaxed. You have safe spots to sit and afk without aggro, and you have the firepots close by incase of bad aggro during a kill or emergency. I would suggest keeping lev items up at all times though. @ lvl 52 as long as you outdmg the pet youll get 1-2% a kill until around lvl 54/55, but they do yield xp to 60.

Sol B Guano camp. Those bats are sweet xp, you can sit at the sol a zoneline afk, just clear the bats. you can pet pull the non aggro ones on the ledge. I believe its 4 or 5 spawns. clear them fast and then afk, leave 1 or 2 up if feeling super lazy, if feeling over zealous can pull a beetle or 2 as well. Also get some loot on this camp and again have the zoneline right there that is safe for afk.

Cobalt Scar Wyverns. They can be over camped, they can be undercamped, the xp is good enough and the loot is good too.

I think the goal would be a camp you can maintain relaxed but also have enough spawns to where you mix in some heavy killing here and there. I wouldnt want to camp anything thats not yielding atleast 1-2% a kill.. ideally 75-100 mobs per lvl is nice... if youre doing 10 mobs an hour (every 6 minutes) you only need 10 hours at a camp... could do that in a few short sessions.
Last edited by ghost182; 08-15-2017 at 09:40 PM..
Old 08-16-2017, 08:09 AM
Fire Giant

At 52 you can still solo outside karnors, just do the higher stuff. That way you can occasionally pop into KC to try to find a group whenever you desire. Pretty safe location as well as you can always zone into KC.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

I had MAJOR downtime at 52 way back in the day. My favorite spot (easy) was in DL. Sitting near BW zoneline. Since I had Jboots I'd run out and tag something with a level 1 spell and bring it back. Caster or not. As long as it was light blue.

Yeti's are better though but you need to go IN the cave so you don't face stupid roamers.

Skyfire is a great place too. Try to get another mage or pet caster with you to avoid the xp dumb crap.

In SF have some lev rings available and Jboots/SOW pots. You'll do awesome.

Try to stick to Kunark because AC on the same level mobs is slightly different. EXP is the same...I think but Kunark is best. If not, Easy thing to do is GD wyrms.

And use MS2. The highest level MS2 pet has the same HP as 57 Earth. Honestly it's OP for the level.
Last edited by dafier; 08-16-2017 at 01:34 PM..
Old 08-16-2017, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

On old retail pre Luclin I took a mage up to about 46 off of Butcherblock dock dwarves, then camped the entrance elementals in The Hole (they were properly spawned so that they would single pull: here they are incorrectly spawned and too close together), then went to the mid 50's off of Felwithe guards (they only cast root + self heal, never cancel magic or lay on hands). I bounced back into The Hole when the guards were taken (I had a port druid 2nd account).

With this server being what it is, I'd go with The Hole if you're willing to do some careful exploration. The zone modifier remains pretty good. Much better than outdoors.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Holy smokes that's a great suggestion. The hole entrance, up to the first mudman is excellent. If you can get 1 or more extra players it makes it that much more safe and easy xp. You will face a little down time though if just staying at the entrance but unless you have a puller and a full group...I would not go far. A CR in the hole is the worst.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

If you don't care trashing your barbarian faction, you can kill the mcmerrins in everfrost. 3 spawns (two by the center gorge, one by the north gorge), 6min40 respawn time. Usually uncamped.
They will get you to 55 iirc.
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Closed Thread