Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 04:57 PM
Kobold

Default <No Time To Rez> P99's new Permadeath Guild, are you up to the

Are you up to the challenge? Hello Welcome to "No Time To Rez", an Everquest Project 1999 Guild where its members play under a certain set of rules, PermaDeath!!! That's right, you only have one life. Show off your EQ skills. Come enjoy the real adrenaline when you know one mistake can be the end. Compete to be the highest level and win prizes!

How to Join

Come join us on our discord at https://discord.gg/gc89fb5

You will be asked to random out of 13 to determine your race, then you will random for your class. If you would like to start together with your friends then have the group random for the same race, then random separately for different classes. The link below shows the race/class combinations possible by rolling.

http://imgur.com/a/OxHMo

http://www.randomnumbergenerator.com/

Once you have created your character you will be invited to the guild. We will be giving out prizes to who ever is the highest in the guild at the end of each month. You will be given a choice of 1000pp to your main character, or 1 Vial of Swirling Smoke to your guild character (Insta cast gate worth 1000pp). Also each month we will have a meeting to celebrate those who have reached milestones Level 20 30 40 so on and remember those who have died in that time.

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/NoTimeToRez/
Cipher's intro video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn_MXbotILA

Rules:
  • 1. You character only has 1 life. Upon death you will delete your character and start anew by rolling for your new race/class.
  • 2. You can use the economy to buy and sell your wares.
  • 3. You cannot be powerlevled or twinked.
  • 3b. This also means you cannot recieve buffs that are not within your level range. No PoTG at level 1
  • 4. You can only loot what you kill, so no looting guards/mobs that other people have killed.
  • 5. No matter how you die, dead is dead no if and or butts about it.
  • 5b. No suicide to reroll a toon.
  • 6. Have fun
  • Everyone is welcome. We are growing, and everyone in the guild so far is having a blast. Come join us.
Last edited by Akg49; 06-18-2017 at 05:01 PM..
Old 06-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Default Yes..

I recently joined in on this and having fun so far. I am a fan of finding new ways to enjoy the game I love. Currently on my first RNG character: Kaeniden Level 2 Agnostic Half Elf Warrior of Qeynos.

Randomly generated characters was very appealing to me. I did a similar thing back when I played table top D&D 4th edition. I made a spreadsheet to randomly determine a new P99 Character's Race/Class/Starting location, and even Deity if you want to be real RNG hardcore. check it out for your P99 RNG Character needs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...noTTK18TB0oqg/
Old 06-21-2017, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Nice concept. How do you keep track of the Dead. They could lie?

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-21-2017, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

I think you should allow twinking, at time of death character must be immediately deleted however (with all items)
Old 06-21-2017, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

Does Getting to 60 on Breadquest, Bonechips, and Orc belts count?
Old 06-21-2017, 10:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does Getting to 60 on Breadquest, Bonechips, and Orc belts count?
It is my assumption that if you, on your permadeath toon, farm your own belts/ chips then you can turn them in as you wish. I also assume that running bread can be just as dangerous given the level of most. Highest is only level 10 I believe at the moment.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:23 AM
Banned

cool idea, I like the RNG element
Old 06-22-2017, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akg49 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you up to the challenge? Hello Welcome to "No Time To Rez", an Everquest Project 1999 Guild where its members play under a certain set of rules, PermaDeath!!! That's right, you only have one life. Show off your EQ skills. Come enjoy the real adrenaline when you know one mistake can be the end. Compete to be the highest level and win prizes!

How to Join

Come join us on our discord at https://discord.gg/gc89fb5

You will be asked to random out of 13 to determine your race, then you will random for your class. If you would like to start together with your friends then have the group random for the same race, then random separately for different classes. The link below shows the race/class combinations possible by rolling.

http://imgur.com/a/OxHMo

http://www.randomnumbergenerator.com/

Once you have created your character you will be invited to the guild. We will be giving out prizes to who ever is the highest in the guild at the end of each month. You will be given a choice of 1000pp to your main character, or 1 Vial of Swirling Smoke to your guild character (Insta cast gate worth 1000pp). Also each month we will have a meeting to celebrate those who have reached milestones Level 20 30 40 so on and remember those who have died in that time.

Facebook page: www.facebook.com/NoTimeToRez/
Cipher's intro video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn_MXbotILA

Rules:
  • 1. You character only has 1 life. Upon death you will delete your character and start anew by rolling for your new race/class.
  • 2. You can use the economy to buy and sell your wares.
  • 3. You cannot be powerlevled or twinked.
  • 3b. This also means you cannot recieve buffs that are not within your level range. No PoTG at level 1
  • 4. You can only loot what you kill, so no looting guards/mobs that other people have killed.
  • 5. No matter how you die, dead is dead no if and or butts about it.
  • 5b. No suicide to reroll a toon.
  • 6. Have fun
  • Everyone is welcome. We are growing, and everyone in the guild so far is having a blast. Come join us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaezyr D`Shiv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recently joined in on this and having fun so far. I am a fan of finding new ways to enjoy the game I love. Currently on my first RNG character: Kaeniden Level 2 Agnostic Half Elf Warrior of Qeynos.

Randomly generated characters was very appealing to me. I did a similar thing back when I played table top D&D 4th edition. I made a spreadsheet to randomly determine a new P99 Character's Race/Class/Starting location, and even Deity if you want to be real RNG hardcore. check it out for your P99 RNG Character needs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...noTTK18TB0oqg/
Both methods mentioned have been officially approved by guild leadership. Come on over and really ROLL a fresh new random character today and join the fun!

I have a request:On my Random P99 Character Creation Sheet, Does anyone know if there is a way I can script something that will randomize a range of cells either on an interval (i.e. every day/week) or every time the sheet is opened. Please PM me if you have any ideas.

I will be manually going in and randomizing the cell ranges for rolls every week or so. That way if you roll a 49 it wont always be a Half Elven Warrior of Qeynos, like mine, I should ding level 6 today btw, Dodge+Bash here I come!

Come join the fun!!
Old 06-22-2017, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice concept. How do you keep track of the Dead. They could lie?
I love the concept and want to make an alt to join and play when my main gets stale. How do you avoid the liars though?
Old 06-22-2017, 05:04 PM
Sarnak

Update: I am pretty sure our leveling frontrunner, Tanolil, Iksar Necromancer Level 13, has just been slain/deleted. So much fun! Its anyone's for the taking! Join us!