Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

gonna throw another vote for lguk. it super easy and liek his say, pally solo do is pretty steady even though it not fast. it work okay :3 can be as fun or boring as you liek, but it very repetitive. for some, it maybe akin to sitting you bare butt on broken glass and rocking back and forth while chewing steel bars. for others it maybe fun trying to figure out how to best sit on the glass. and then here those who think the glass build character.

i suggest grouping :3

guk a good place to sit though if you gotta go that route. usually a chanter or shaman around to give you buff and some random peeps to talk to and it pretty easy. and if you mess up, it usually no to train to zone.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello everyone

I am currently leveling my paladin very slowly, i'm looking for some idea for places (if there are) to solo at level 45. My paladin has some reasonable gear i soloed unrest basement til 42ish

If anyone has any places / ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
get a DW helm, go to CoM, claim one of the "huts" in arena or do the haze golems in the middle, use your helm to heal yourself -- you should get 2% per kill solo....takes about 3-4 mins to solo a haze golem...but you have 0 down time...( dont use your mana to heal unless in a shit situation )

10 mins on average should net you 5% xp, so in one hour you can get 30% of a level solo in CoM -- remember 0 downtime.

i made a video of me soloing my paladin from 46-52 in CoM if I find time I will upload a bit of it.

GOOD LUCK KID!
Old 07-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Banned

1-10starting area
10-40 unrest
40-45 lguk spiders/br
45-52 CoM

THE. END.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Fire Giant

1-10 Starting area
10 - 14 North Ro dune spiders, scarabs
14-17 Oasis caimans, crocs
17-20 Oasis deepwater caimans, crocs
20 - 27 East Karana crag spiders
27 - 30 South Karana gnolls, aviaks, centaurs
30 - 45 Highkeep guards
45-48 Dreadlands yetis
48 - 52 CoM/The Hole
52-60 KC/Seb/HS
Old 07-11-2017, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

52-60 bear pits
Old 07-13-2017, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gonna throw another vote for lguk. it super easy and liek his say, pally solo do is pretty steady even though it not fast. it work okay :3 can be as fun or boring as you liek, but it very repetitive. for some, it maybe akin to sitting you bare butt on broken glass and rocking back and forth while chewing steel bars. for others it maybe fun trying to figure out how to best sit on the glass. and then here those who think the glass build character.
For some reason none of these scenarios appeal to me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That being said I like the pally. I like how tanky they feel in groups and how easily they manage aggro coupled with healing capabilities.

I also think they are best in groups where they can hold mobs like magnets and let a group do all their functions efficiently.

Sometimes I think paladins are too effective, in a strong group it gets so easy it can be boring.

It's actually more fun when you got bad dps that can't manage their aggro and healers who are afk 90% of the time, then the paladin gets to have fun in a group.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
52-60 bear pits
It's a trip to get down to bear pits on a druid, I would assume a pally could only do bear pits in a group. I started bear pits on my druid at lvl 53 I believe...

At 52 lvl, just getting to the pits seems pretty daunting as a melee and then once down there, how would the pally get out?

I think if I were a 52 pally unless I had a nice strong group carrying me with them to the bear pits, I would avoid this spot.

Dr. Jeff might know something I don't though.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:40 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For some reason none of these scenarios appeal to me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That being said I like the pally. I like how tanky they feel in groups and how easily they manage aggro coupled with healing capabilities.

I also think they are best in groups where they can hold mobs like magnets and let a group do all their functions efficiently.

Sometimes I think paladins are too effective, in a strong group it gets so easy it can be boring.

It's actually more fun when you got bad dps that can't manage their aggro and healers who are afk 90% of the time, then the paladin gets to have fun in a group.
yeah, they SUPER FUN in groups ^^ not so much outside groups and liek you say, they most fun (and most useful) in small/poor groups. They great pullers, good cc, okay heals and excellent aggro. lotta those functions are lost solo and it REALLY monotonous.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:07 PM
Kobold

Think I did giants in Rathe Mts at 45 ish. That or spectres in Oasis. I suggest grouping in KC once you get to 50 though bc I think you're doing yourself a huge disservice by avoiding the scenario where paladins shine the most.

Then at 55 group in Seb preferably in the crypt, lotta undead mobs there. When you get celestial cleansing go back to soloing at VS pit in KC till 60.

Magelo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest
Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 07-18-2017, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai;
pally solo do is pretty steady even though it not fast. it work okay :3 can be as fun or boring as you liek, but it very repetitive. for some, it maybe akin to sitting you bare butt on broken glass and rocking back and forth while chewing steel bars. for others it maybe fun trying to figure out how to best sit on the glass. and then here those who think the glass build character.
quoting for posterity
Closed Thread