Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Default Targin the Rock

So, Raster down, time to make my way over to Nagafen's Lair to square off with Targin.

When I completed this part of the quest on live, I was at a level where I was able to walk into the Kings room and wipe it with ease. That being said, in all of my years, I've never camped that area in an exp group, so I'm not really sure what to expect in terms of difficulty.

My question is, is this camp soloable at 44? Judging by the stats provided on the wiki, I think I'd be able to clear the PHs, but is there enough room to split them? I remember reading about mobs from the nearby camps assisting with spells.

I'll probably give it a shot tonight regardless, but would appreciate any tips I could get!

PS - will be on around 9PM EST if anyone would like to join me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's my magelo for reference.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Cainn
Old 06-22-2017, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Definitely not soloable at 44, and not even close. Might be soloable at 54+ if you have a fungi. There are far too many spawns to keep up with, and the kobold shamans alone will probably wreck you, much less the King or Priest if they spawn.

On the plus side, get a group for it, as you are the perfect level to get great exp in a group there.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Terrible post, jolanar...

You just single pull his ph into the lava pit area there is plenty of space on the ledge to fight him.
It won't flee because other mobs are close enough and you only have to kill one mob.

As soon as you can kill 1 ph/Targin, you are able to solo this camp

Unless you are one of those Morans that think monk pulling doesn't work anymore, of course.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You just single pull his ph into the lava pit area there is plenty of space on the ledge to fight him.
It won't flee because other mobs are close enough and you only have to kill one mob.

Unless you are one of those Morans that think monk pulling doesn't work anymore, of course.
For once I agree with DR. The only problem I would say is actually getting to the pit. You better be damn good and FD dancing.

Your best bet is to go during prime time and hope someone is camping royals and ask nicely if you can get the Targin if he spawns.

Tldr: solo in the pit is a yes.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-22-2017, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

You can check for him with /target Targin at the lavastorm zoneline.

To single him you may ask for a friendly enc/cleric/paladin to crit resist lull pull him (solo!) to the zone line if there is one.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what I'm talking about.. Looking forward to giving this a shot tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk
The only problem I would say is actually getting to the pit.
Is there a way to exit the pit, outside of OT hammer, cap, potion (none of which I have [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), evac, suicide/corpse drag, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJam
You can check for him with /target Targin at the lavastorm zoneline.

To single him you may ask for a friendly enc/cleric/paladin to crit resist lull pull him (solo!) to the zone line if there is one.
You sir are chock-full of neat tricks. Very cool!
Old 06-22-2017, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by afelipe1189 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way to exit the pit, outside of OT hammer, cap, potion (none of which I have [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), evac, suicide/corpse drag, etc.?
You could have a high level wizard visit the zone and /target /invite you from near the zoneline and translocate you away.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You could have a high level wizard visit the zone and /target /invite you from near the zoneline and translocate you away.
This. You might have to pay for it but if it's only once. If not you could bind in Temple of Ro die and and from from temple to Sol B and drag. It really depends on how much you want to spend and how solo you want to go.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-22-2017, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Lol. I learned something new. Wouldn't call this the same thing as clearing the Targin camp though, so I get off on a technicality.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only problem I would say is actually getting to the pit. You better be damn good and FD dancing.
Just zone in from sola, drop down onto the ledge, and fd.

edit: from the lava canyon zoneline.