Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

I can concede that much at least. I almost always just look at actual racial abilities when choosing, if none exist I Just go with what looks cooler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-30-2017, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Pick whatever race you want, yes the regen is nice but not a must have.

This class can heal themselves ffs, vex is 111hp/tick which is like Torpors high maintenance retarded girlfriend.
Old 07-01-2017, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

DE cleric arguably best choice ... racial hide.
Halfling cleric close second ... sneak.

Stats can be manipulated/fixed with gear. Those two races give clerics a unique and very useful ability.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-01-2017, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

I rerolled hallfing to dark elf for hide+snare neck over hide + sneak. Sneak has been nerfed further since I did that too.

I'm tempted to roll a human innoruuk cleric. No hide, but useful snare neck and a bunch of cool clicky thanks to paineel. Invis pots at 10pp a pop aren't too bad on those few occasions you really need it.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference was noticeable but not game changing until 51+ when racial regen really takes off. Any race of necro can be successful but the regen bonus of iksar completely eclipses the xp penalty and fashionquest fail of sporting a tail. You can always tap back the regen difference but lifetaps or lifetap dots are horribly inefficient. Solo this is huge. Grouping where good necros heal ... it's enormously different.
Any solo iksar necro who is not constantly casting vexing or bond doesn't really know what they are doing, and you would dispel shadowbond off of yourself or over-heal it with leach anyway so arguments about healing others is nullified. Leach dot is also not "horribly inefficient." A 1220 damage dot and 1098 hp heal with a -200 mr modifier for 495 mana is not "inefficient." You aren't looking at it correctly. Even lifetaps are not inefficient when looked at properly.

Iksar regen makes your life easier, but it is not necessary. Anything an iksar necro can do, any necro can do. Sometimes you will just have to be a bit more patient, such as if you have to feign with lower hp and wait to regen before you can get up again due to mobs around you. If someone depends on iksar regen to be a necro then it is a crutch for them. Be what you want and do not listen to nerdy min/maxers.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:05 AM
Sarnak

At this point, minmaxing in this game should be regarded as a bit of joke. This game is not hard. This game is slow. Everything is measured in time spent. Solo-artists are based on the amount of plat you can blow on consumables, i.e. camping and hoarding items to boost "your skill." Of course, your power-level is also measured in the amount of time spent getting phat lewts.

I mean, ffs, the competitive aspect of this game is bloody foot races and tracking mobs. Let that sink in for a moment. Every single encounter has a strat, no mystery, no surprises.

In other words, play what you want. Regen does give you an edge but it is far from making you "enormously" more efficient.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egilmn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any solo iksar necro who is not constantly casting vexing or bond doesn't really know what they are doing, and you would dispel shadowbond off of yourself or over-heal it with leach anyway so arguments about healing others is nullified. Leach dot is also not "horribly inefficient." A 1220 damage dot and 1098 hp heal with a -200 mr modifier for 495 mana is not "inefficient." You aren't looking at it correctly. Even lifetaps are not inefficient when looked at properly.

Iksar regen makes your life easier, but it is not necessary. Anything an iksar necro can do, any necro can do. Sometimes you will just have to be a bit more patient, such as if you have to feign with lower hp and wait to regen before you can get up again due to mobs around you. If someone depends on iksar regen to be a necro then it is a crutch for them. Be what you want and do not listen to nerdy min/maxers.
Other dots at the high end are literally 200-300%+ more efficient.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Splurt
http://wiki.project1999.com/Pyrocruor
http://wiki.project1999.com/Envenomed_Bolt
http://wiki.project1999.com/Cessation_of_Cor

Even the following DD is more efficient

http://wiki.project1999.com/Conglaciation_of_Bone

Undead DD even more so.

Point is every point of mana used lifetapping could be used to put out 2-3x more damage. Taps are only useful when you need the heal. As my first post illustrates - at 58 an iksar necro has to tap back health 3x less. That 1000 less mana spent could be used to put out 3000+ more damage.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-01-2017, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Your still missing the jism of the debate.

The racial regen makes one of the most efficient classes in the game more efficient but they can do just as fine without it.

Toss numbers in there all you want but you're still just talking icing on an already robust cake.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priceline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your still missing the jism of the debate.

The racial regen makes one of the most efficient classes in the game more efficient but they can do just as fine without it.

Toss numbers in there all you want but you're still just talking icing on an already robust cake.
you can't discuss classes on p99 with min/maxers.

also, just avoiding the gimpy-ass retarded running the iksars have for animations is more than enough reason not to pick them. It doesn't matter you can skellie form later, deep inside you still a gimpy-ass retarded looking iksar.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:32 AM
Fire Giant

People on these forums are so extreme... people are either casual SCUM or dirty min/maxing neckbeards!

I'm fairly casual but I still care about class racial benefits. Go figure.

Look, if you really enjoy how a Dark Elf looks more than gaining a fairly tangible advantage then that's totally fair. Just don't do it without knowing the difference. Yes, a Dark Elf necro can still solo the same mobs that an Iksar can, but not as effeciently.

People gladly pay upwards of 180k for a Zlandicar's Heart solely because it gives 5 regen. Iksar regen at lvl 60 is 8 when standing, 11 when sitting /shrug
Closed Thread