Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Don't reroll. Just roll another and play both. You can never have too many monks.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:52 PM
Planar Protector

If you're considering re-rolling,.. DO IT BEFORE YOU GET ANY HIGHER IN LEVEL.
Please listen to this advice. EQ is a big time sink, not say it's a worthless time sink just that things in EQ take time. I know that I'd want an iksar monk vs a human monk myself. The regen is a huge help when you're solo just doing your own thing. and really does help the healers despite how people will try to spin it that the extra regen does nothing,.. when in fact it's doing something every single server tick that you're online.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

20 Sta at 60 for a Monk is +80hp. Just depends if you think it's worth the time to recover those 80hp.

But you're right, would take a month to get back to that level without much work, Baler's right if you want those 80hp, reroll now. People will downplay the value of the sta, but at 60 it's 80hp, at 50 it's 60hp, at 40 it's 40hp. It's not a ton, but you will certainly survive more bad pulls with it than without.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:01 AM
Banned

reroll iksar and put points into stamina if you don't think you're going to be covered in velious raid loot, in which case you'd probably want it in dexterity or something dumb like charisma
Old 07-27-2017, 05:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't reroll. Just roll another and play both. You can never have too many monks.
AMEN !!
Catastilye - Gnome Necro - 4
Sabany - Half-Elf Warrior - 8 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Aaemo - Erudite Shadow Knight - 6 - < Auld Lang Syne >
Borbama - Troll Shaman - 2
Keibrariza - Iksar Warrior - 4 < Auld Lang Syne >
Old 07-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

20 stam on a 60 monk is 80hp which isn't as important as many would have you believe.

The only reason I'd consider rerolling is if you don't like your RACE. Iksar regen is really .... really ...... really nice. Having said that, i opted to make my monk human because I prefer the look.

But stats? Fuck that. I didn't put a single point into stamina on my monk and still don't regret it. By the time that stamina starts to pay off (high levels), 80hp will not make much of a difference in terms of survival. The times you might have lived with 80hp was a point in time that you either:

A) Were playing stupidly solo
B) Were grouped with incompetent people (healers) when not solo

Almost all Velious was conquered in Kunark gear and very quickly. Velious gear is not necessary to win velious. For the content in Velious that benefits greatly from Velious gear -- that gear difference isn't found on monks. It is found on tanks and other support classes (Tank hp ... cleric mana). Upgrading from nonraid to raid gear is big hps ... and from kunark to velious is insane hp. 20 stamina means nothing.

Yeah agility is a dumb thing to put starting points into 99% of the time, but dumb stat choices at character creation mean almost nothing in the long run.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
20 stam on a 60 monk is 80hp which isn't as important as many would have you believe.

The only reason I'd consider rerolling is if you don't like your RACE. Iksar regen is really .... really ...... really nice. Having said that, i opted to make my monk human because I prefer the look.

But stats? Fuck that. I didn't put a single point into stamina on my monk and still don't regret it. By the time that stamina starts to pay off (high levels), 80hp will not make much of a difference in terms of survival. The times you might have lived with 80hp was a point in time that you either:

A) Were playing stupidly solo
B) Were grouped with incompetent people (healers) when not solo

Almost all Velious was conquered in Kunark gear and very quickly. Velious gear is not necessary to win velious. For the content in Velious that benefits greatly from Velious gear -- that gear difference isn't found on monks. It is found on tanks and other support classes (Tank hp ... cleric mana). Upgrading from nonraid to raid gear is big hps ... and from kunark to velious is insane hp. 20 stamina means nothing.

Yeah agility is a dumb thing to put starting points into 99% of the time, but dumb stat choices at character creation mean almost nothing in the long run.
You really don't seem to understand the reason why even small increments in STA/HP are important.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Who cares about 20 STA? At the end of the day you're a DPS class. If you really want to min/max you should be spending most of your time training your hand strength with buckets of rice and pebbles. This is true wisdom for playing a Monk.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who cares about 20 STA? At the end of the day you're a DPS class. If you really want to min/max you should be spending most of your time training your hand strength with buckets of rice and pebbles. This is true wisdom for playing a Monk.
Monk is not a DPS class.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really don't seem to understand the reason why even small increments in STA/HP are important.
Some people might find it helpful if you elaborate on this point.
Closed Thread