Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Default Treant Staff

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For most of my warrioring on p99 I have wished for a Root weapon. Knights get Tunare Sword. Monks get Tunare Fist. Rangers get Earthcaller 0.5. All these root weapons and nothing for a warrior?! Was I forced to pay 7pp per click on Wooly Nets forever?

That is until I found out about Treant Staff! While, I did not find out about this weapon until recently, so I cannot comment on how well it does in a sub 60 group. I tried this weapon out and I have to say it is awesome! Sure, the dps is subpar, but the root amazing! I can't imagine having this as a fresh warrior here. It is dropped by Grizzleknot a level 28 treant druid in south karana.
Last edited by Naethyn; 07-30-2017 at 03:32 PM..
Old 07-30-2017, 04:06 PM
Fire Giant

Rangers also get Ebony Bladed Sword that proc the same root as Wooly Spider Nets at lvl 25 and isn't Lore. Dirt cheap (like 25pp in EC) so it's not a bad pet weapon either.

The only other Warrior root proc I know of is the All/All Herablist Spade that will be in game once Chardok 2.0 is released.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:17 PM
Banned

Yes indeed! I'm surprised you didn't know about this, Naeth.

My problem with it was that the DPS was so bad it wasn't a good weapon as a levelling warrior. Root is good, sure... but I always had someone in the group to root for me. And prior to getting raid gear, my DEX was low enough that my procs weren't reliable.

Now that I have the DEX and the raid gear, i also have 20 silk nets and it's a pittance to use em.

What is an instance you think having this unreliable root would really be handy? An ungeared warrior will definitely be in a group with a caster who can root 95% of the time.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

That spade will likely be the best grouping weapon in game.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:44 PM
Banned

holy heck that shovel is woke

wait WHAT The heck

better ratio than epic??

PE proc??
NON-LORE???

heck what hheh whoa
Old 07-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers also get Ebony Bladed Sword that proc the same root as Wooly Spider Nets at lvl 25 and isn't Lore. Dirt cheap (like 25pp in EC) so it's not a bad pet weapon either.

The only other Warrior root proc I know of is the All/All Herablist Spade that will be in game once Chardok 2.0 is released.

On live my first toon was a ranger. It was a momentous day when i was able to get an ebony bladed sword , they were a big deal at release - only to realize root broke snare back then and when dungeon crawling the Ebony was more often than not a guaranteed wipe. Good times.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers get Earthcaller 0.5.
Earthcaller has a dot and slow. No root effect...
Old 07-31-2017, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

He is talking about Blade of the Earthcaller (which does have a root effect), not sure why he referred to it like that though. Perhaps because it is the lost blade of an original Earthcaller? IIRC you have to get a dwarf to forge a new blade during the quest, so it makes sense. /shrug.
Old 08-01-2017, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

PE and nice ratio. BAM!
Closed Thread