Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

View Poll Results: Most fun to play overall casting class?
Enchanter 61 46.92%
Magician 8 6.15%
Wizard 12 9.23%
Necromancer 49 37.69%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gotta know your surroundings too, like when I was calming around HS and turned a corner and was like, wait, isnt there supposed to be a mob right here... oh shit that must mea... *Begins casting gate*
Lmao, how did that happen? It looks like every mob between the first drop in and the second drop down into the big room aggro'd you. Were you calming from the entry room and got a crit resist and didnt drop in right away? I think mobs will take the long, long way around if you're still in the entry room.

I've had a pet set to guard start to take the long way around when I backed him off but he didnt make it very far before I noticed he was going the wrong direction and luckily only aggro'd 3 mobs. I think they head for the portal in the very back of the wing, which would aggro probably 20-30 mobs.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Banned

I was standing in the painting calming, not really paying attention, chain calming on resists etc, then I drop down and notice the one mob in the corner wasn't there where he was supposed to be, "hmm odd" I thought, then looked down the hall and saw no mobs in the hallway at all...

So I think.. uh oh that must mean.. (sat down memed gate) stood up, start casting...

At this point the mobs had changed their chase direction from the warp portal in the back of the wing they were running towards back towards me (because I was up in the painting while calming and when I got the resist, technically on the entrance side of it) and as they turned the corner my cast was going strong and that screencap was actually taken from a snip tool during loading, so I managed to get away just pixels from being in range of the trainwreck!

I am not like tecmos, I just swing my huge dark elf dick around all over the place and eat exp deaths all the time lol.. I figure as an enchanter I'll get it all back, no biggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2017, 04:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was standing in the painting calming, not really paying attention, chain calming on resists etc, then I drop down and notice the one mob in the corner wasn't there where he was supposed to be, "hmm odd" I thought, then looked down the hall and saw no mobs in the hallway at all...
Lol that's pretty much what I imagined.

I know you didn't ask, but I never use calm to get into West, imo it's a lot safer to break in using a pet from the entry room, just make sure he's not set to guard in the entry room lol.

Wait for the two hallway roamers to path away, send pet in to aggro the 3 static mobs/Eat any HT's that may be there, immediately drop in and AOE mez/root, start fighting, sacrifice entry room pet, and eventually the 2 roamers should stumble into your fight 1 at a time and aggro your pet.

Once you have em all locked down, calm one, mez blur it, and leave it alone so for the next fight you can send it down the hallway to aggro the static in front of the first room+room roamer once he's stopped in hallway+assist aggro should bring 1 mob from inside the first room and leave the others.

Once those are dead, grab new pet from first room and send it to pull the 3 mobs by trap/broken wall, and the "safe" hallway roamer by trap should roam into your pack and aggro pet by himself.

If no one was doing zone in Pyre golems, I usually used the same method to break into West entry room using one of the door guarding Pyre golems. Calm is risky as shit even with 255 CHA when a crit resist can mean 3-4 HT's.

The chance of charm breaking in the few seconds before you land an AOE mez is a lot lower than a crit calm resist while calming multiple mobs.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Fire Giant

Chantering in HS is pretty much my favorite thing to do in all of p99

Been meaning to make an effort into soloing drusilla but keep putting it off.
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

I didn't start enjoying my enchanter until probably mid-late 30's. Once you start tearing through dungeons it gets a bit more enjoyable.

My necro, I had a good time up until 51. Then I had a great time to 60. The biggest difference is there's a pretty narrow path most necros follow and farming options are pretty limited at 60. Enchanters have a wider option since they aren't limited to undead lulls and charms and have a wider cc tool kit.

Wizards...quadding is cool...for a while. Medding 95% of your play time...is eh.

Mage is for wizards who want to group.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:56 AM
Orc

Wizards are an amazing class. They have a learning curve for sure. Master the basics, understand what utility you can bring to a group setting. Wizards are not the end all be all type. They take work, but the work is worth it. Big nukes make my epeen smile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2017, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcwrestling [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chantering in HS is pretty much my favorite thing to do in all of p99

Been meaning to make an effort into soloing drusilla but keep putting it off.

Wooooo

https://youtu.be/XAxM11Hrx_k
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 09-12-2017, 05:18 PM
Decaying Skeleton

A wizard's life for me! Awesomely fits my play-while-at-work playstyle. Love working from home. Wish I had more friends to group with occasionally though ...
Old 09-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For what it's worth, enchanter doesn't really come into it's own until like 40
seriously
Old 09-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
seriously
I think he's actually right.

40s are when an enchanter, unless very heavily twinked, starts getting enough mana to cast lots of spells without going oom very fast. And chanting is usually about casting a lot of spells all the time.
Closed Thread