Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could be totally wrong, but fleeting quiver seems to affect only your ranged haste, so it would be pretty savage if you had that, and a worn haste, and a spell haste lol.

BTW, there's a shaman potion which does a 5 minute haste that's pretty freaking strong. I use it on filbus because i'd rather drop a few hundo plat than camp stormfeather. And with a fast bow, like even bow of the huntsman, you'll be peeling off insane damage.

Finally, your ranged attacks have no damage caps at low level [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this is a big deal lol.
Right, Fleeting Quiver is only ranged haste. But what I'm wondering is if worn haste and spell haste also stack for bow haste. Or, does worn haste not affect ranged?

How many back to back shots are you getting off with the 32/36 bow per pass? I'm wondering if the bow of the underfoot (33/60) would also be viable, similar to like a high dmg jousting weapon. They are pretty easy to get IIRC.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Ah well I can answer my own haste question. Per the Archery page:

Quote:
Items that increase ATK do influence archery ATK

Dex affects critical hit rate for archery.
Procs and critical hits are based on dex for both melee and archery.
Critical hit rates for archery on war and rngs = critical hit rates on melee for war (Rangers Archery Crit Hit at Level 17+)
Haste affects bow delay the same way it effects melee.
But archery uses one more kind of haste, stacking with the others : quiver haste (QH). It follows the same rules than all the other kinds of haste : only the best QH is used if more than one apply. To have a QH, you just need to have a Weight Reducing quiver in your inventory.
QH = WR of the quiver / 3.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

The 9k for truncheon is well worth it if youre soloing. 50% slow for 3 mins.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your reasoning for having junk buffs was wrong. That's all I'm saying. No caster they will run into will dispel the top slot until they're raiding dragons. Casted dispels are random now and are going to stay random. It's not a bug.
I've noticed today in the past couple of hours of grouping Highkeep goblins everytime I was dispelled it was buff slot one, and when buff slot one was gone and they casted dispel again, buff slot two came off. Happened numerous times, Buff slot one was always the first to go, I would highly recommend junk buff clicks, but OP said they're not planning on grouping and if going solo route, unlikely they will be soloing many casters to begin with.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, Fleeting Quiver is only ranged haste. But what I'm wondering is if worn haste and spell haste also stack for bow haste. Or, does worn haste not affect ranged?

How many back to back shots are you getting off with the 32/36 bow per pass? I'm wondering if the bow of the underfoot (33/60) would also be viable, similar to like a high dmg jousting weapon. They are pretty easy to get IIRC.
Worn + Spell haste does stack, and I'm guessing that it stacks with the quiver haste.

I have a bow of the underfoot and bow of the huntsman, addt'l i've used the Exquisite Reinforced Velium War Bow.

I would tell you that the underfoot is just too slow. You can pop off SO many shots with a 30 or 36 delay bow that it really becomes a lot more viable as a DPS wep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even for jousting in duels, I don't favor the Underfoot because it causes so much delay before my next weapon swing.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Fire Giant

I like bowkiting on ranger but dunno without snare and root, even with sow you have to run backwards like an idiot running into other mobs and shit
Old 08-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like bowkiting on ranger but dunno without snare and root, even with sow you have to run backwards like an idiot running into other mobs and shit
You can use snare/root procs though that is obviously more obnoxious than being able to cast as a ranger. No reason to run backward though, you can still kite in big oval passes, shooting until the mob gets close to you, then running away again. It also makes that snare bow from SG look pretty sexy, though I'm not sure if that is on this server.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:59 AM
Planar Protector

If Luclin (mounts) comes out you can poop arrows out your ass (equestrian pun) without having to turn as horses give you 360' ranged attack line of sight.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:29 AM
Fire Giant

haha that sounds cool, freaking Zelda action
Old 08-23-2017, 06:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin
Gross.
Closed Thread