Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Kobold

Default Help this noob.

Hey yall,

I been messing around with new characters here trying to figure out what to play. I first played EQ back when Luclin first came out and played until GoD ran me off. Was this game as hard back then as it is now on this server? I mean, holy crap. I made this erudite necromancer and after i freaken figured out how to get a key just to get outside, (death by npc just returned me to my gm), i got insta-gibbed by the first mob i came across. i mean "SPLAT" ass handed to me.

Basically I just want to solo so thats the reason for the necro. I dont have enough time to really do anything hardcore or with groups for hours on end. But, damn how long do i gotta take an asswhippen and make a bs run from my gm to corpse with the retard key/elevator etc... I was like WTF, delete. its faster to just make another new necro than do the corpse run at level 1. should i just make another brand of necro? like a midget or a scaleface?
Old 07-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Banned

Make a dark elf or gnome. Both have better starting areas, can see at night, look significantly cooler etc.

Send me a tell sometime (/tell motec hey) and I'll come hook you up with a dagger and some HP buffs or something. Necro sounds right though for very little playtime and instant thrills.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 PM
Kobold

thanks ill try the gnome and see how it goes.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Kobold

eh, i made a dark elf instead. named Supernatural. seems to be much better than the jughead. at leaste my spawn point is outside. mass death is still the norm.

What level to you get spells every 5 levels?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by acid_reflux
What level to you get spells every 5 levels?
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Necromancer

Also, don't forget to put a point into Meditate at the appropriate level:

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Skill_Meditate
Last edited by Krait; 07-04-2011 at 11:32 PM..
Old 07-04-2011, 11:44 PM
Fire Giant

ikky
Old 07-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Banned

Stay the dark elf as its nice and central to most people with plenty of close by levelling and spells etc.

If I see you on I'll drop by and answer any questions you have.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Kobold

I have a level 54 DE necro. I hated getting the first 5-7 levels due to repeated death. I started to use hide when meditating, and it all got better. DE's have the hide skill right away, so use it while medding and you will die alot less.
Also, get that pet spell ASAP. He will save you often. I was unable to buy the pet spell early on due to lack of cash. This was my first toon on p1999 and I never beg for stuff. Once I got a pet, life was alot easier.
Last edited by choklo; 07-05-2011 at 03:50 AM..
Old 07-05-2011, 03:19 AM
Kobold

When you hide, make sure you con a hostile mob. If it is still hostile (not Indifferent) your hide failed. Unless you're a rogue, you don't get a "hide was successful" or not message.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwdrake8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you hide, make sure you con a hostile mob. If it is still hostile (not Indifferent) your hide failed. Unless you're a rogue, you don't get a "hide was successful" or not message.
Closed Thread