Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Aviak

Default proposed change to guild v guild PNP

Lets put aside the flaming for a bit and talk about something constructive.

the new PNP system is going well, however there are some holes when it comes to mass pvp that I believe have a simple solution. The first problem is that in mass PVP LNS is done individually and is nearly impossible to keep track of, especially when there are 50+ people on each side. The dreadlands fight had multiple violations on both sides, and it was due to the confusion that mass pvp presents, not malicious intent on the player's part.

The second issue is when a player dies to PVE during a pvp fight. By the current rules the players can rejoin the fight even when naked, and the only way to make sure they do not is to kill them naked, which is a horrible solution. This was shown in the dreadlands fight where RD wiped to Goreinare.

What i propose is a guild LNS system. No one may LNS from a mass pvp fight until a guild officer / leader / official representative calls LNS for the whole guild. Once that guild calls LNS They may not enter the zone for 1 hour EXCEPT to LNS, and cannot interfere with the other guilds activities on that mob for an hour. LNS may be called for both pvp and pve deaths. The winning guild has the choice to rez and help with the other guild's CR or just leave them to do it themselves.

Sirken said that if guild leaders agree to a change the GM's would support it, and I believe this change is needed.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:22 PM
Banned

good post and I agree with it helping the current situation.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

I think this guy hit a home run with this post. I read every word was like true change it to what I be saying!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

youre getting warm but this isn't it either
Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

tanks trav, this is a great post

i like the part of malicious intent of the player,

I dont want a situation to happen where if i accidently kill some1 i didnt know was on LNS i get banned

that just makes people afraid to pvp... we need something more reasonable
Old 01-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Banned

I like it. Guilds should be able to claim dominance over a zone when it is obvious without the tedious process of getting a documented yellow text on every person.

This would get rid of the argument of PvE death or someone killing themselves to avoid YT, plugging, etc. If a guild leader forfeits AFTER a zone is cleared of every member in the guild then it should be acceptable.

A guild forfeiting once they are ready to leave a zone anyways to avoid being killed or troll bans would be awful. For this reason you can't just forfeit while players of a forfeiting guild are still in the zone.

The only other problem I see in mass pvp is trying to LnS during a mass pvp fight. It may be a good addition to just make it that if there is mass pvp there is no looting corpses during the zone contention. Once it is determined a zone is won by a guild, LnS is available. The problem here may be determining when it is won, especially with zone dancing. Other additions/ideas may need to be added.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not playing but this sounds reasonable. Your guild defeats other guild and you CC them until they call loot and scoot for the whole guild.

I guess this would not solve one of the biggest problems of people just sort of suicide rushing raids to attempt to disrupt them. The loser doesn't have a ton of incentive to let the winning guild go and finish their business, even if that means countless dead naked bodies.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not playing but this sounds reasonable. Your guild defeats other guild and you CC them until they call loot and scoot for the whole guild.

I guess this would not solve one of the biggest problems of people just sort of suicide rushing raids to attempt to disrupt them. The loser doesn't have a ton of incentive to let the winning guild go and finish their business, even if that means countless dead naked bodies.
Once you die in PvP you are not allowed to go back in the zone for an hour with new policy, unless the person who killed says you can. The only other way is if it is mass pvp fight and your side wins to control the zone. So the losing side would not be able to have countless dead naked bodies in zone without receiving a suspension/ban.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets put aside the flaming for a bit and talk about something constructive.

the new PNP system is going well, however there are some holes when it comes to mass pvp that I believe have a simple solution. The first problem is that in mass PVP LNS is done individually and is nearly impossible to keep track of, especially when there are 50+ people on each side. The dreadlands fight had multiple violations on both sides, and it was due to the confusion that mass pvp presents, not malicious intent on the player's part.

The second issue is when a player dies to PVE during a pvp fight. By the current rules the players can rejoin the fight even when naked, and the only way to make sure they do not is to kill them naked, which is a horrible solution. This was shown in the dreadlands fight where RD wiped to Goreinare.

What i propose is a guild LNS system. No one may LNS from a mass pvp fight until a guild officer / leader / official representative calls LNS for the whole guild. Once that guild calls LNS They may not enter the zone for 1 hour EXCEPT to LNS, and cannot interfere with the other guilds activities on that mob for an hour. LNS may be called for both pvp and pve deaths. The winning guild has the choice to rez and help with the other guild's CR or just leave them to do it themselves.

Sirken said that if guild leaders agree to a change the GM's would support it, and I believe this change is needed.

where the fuck did you come from. bravo travo!!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Closed Thread