Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

it makes my other apps dark too and my desktop. what a shitfuck this issue is.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Light sources are really noticeable for me. Ultravision (Acumen) also makes a huge difference for me. Not sure why light sources / sight spells are working for some people and not others.
People who are using f.lux see no changes in gamma. I had to ask around as to what all the hubbub was.

So yea, there is that.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Sarnak

I always wanted to strain my eyes and have more forehead/eye wrinkles for the sake of immersion.
Thanks guys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

All my bright text is now almost a different color so bright it hurts my eyes everything else is dark and can't see it, I remember being able to see in classic and that was cool. I think you over did it a little otherwise it's all amazing as usual.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Banned

i downloaded flux and now im good to go ! pras.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoroku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i downloaded flux and now im good to go ! pras.
I won't be downloading anything, my PC already detected multiple key loggers from the files I got to play p99.. One of them has been responsible for shutting down my mouse multiple times.
One time in chardok during a pull our entire group lost the ability to use our mouse just totally disabled for everyone in the group at the same time. Even using alt tab and the mouse was still disabled we all had to restart our systems to regain control.

Just saying it seems like a setup...
Oh sorry guys we made it so dark you can't see, download this third party program to make it all better *wink*
Old 12-01-2014, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

What is this flux you speak of ?
And how about rolling back this gamma issue devs? Or do we need to adapt?
Old 12-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is this flux you speak of ?
And how about rolling back this gamma issue devs? Or do we need to adapt?
https://justgetflux.com/

its been around for awhile now. Just change all the settings to max light so that it does not change to weird colors as the day goes on.

basically it will then just override the game trying to force the dark gamma on you. Its not a solution, as we shouldn't have to do this at all. But it is a workaround and hopefully they remove this problem.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the link. Installed, did a virus scan x3 w/ different pieces of software, and then set to max light.

The game is now playable. The UI format and chat text is still darker than classic retail due to the global shift of gamma, which is bullcrap, but it's not nearly as bad as it was without Flux.

Honest, I do appreciate all of the devs hard work. I do. The vision correction for races is something I know people have wanted for a long while and I also get the fact that this is just the first stab of an attempt in getting it to work. I just feel like the above poster - it's depressing to rely on a 3rd party piece of software to make it playable at all.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:42 PM
Kobold

Revert this gamma bullshit to the way it was until you fix it. I use an IPS panel and no gamma setting is fixing this. I use the classic velious UI everything is completely dark. I cannot see anything. I can only see the white text, that's about it.